Any ten-millionaires?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pithy, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I know the one-million-plat mark was broken years ago, but has anyone broken eight figures? Not interested in guildbanks or cartels, just individual players of the baz game :)

More generally, it'd be fun to see how much total plat is out there in player inventories and banks, a graph of how that's evolved over time, or a graph of the (anonymized) server-wide plat distribution.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    Sketchy and Quirk like this.
  2. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

cartels?

3. Radda

Radda People Like Me

for a few hours i had over a billion plat

4. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Not to brag, but I am a literal multi hundred aire

Radda likes this.
  5. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

As someone who was probably the richest on original AK at some point in the early game when I was saving up for the first super horse, I must admit that here I am a very very low six-figure Bank. Primally because I hate transkills! if I like them it would only be a five-figure bank, haha

Radda likes this.
  6. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

I’d kind of be stunned if anyone hit 10mm plat. In part because it’s having to repeat achieving 1mm ten times, which seems time consuming and diminishing (and prices should march down or demand approach zero and spiral, no?); and in part because somewhere between those two figures you have to imagine boredom or apathy sets in.

I would be pretty interested in total outstanding plat at a point in time; or how much plat changes hands or cycles out of PC hands in a given week or month. That would be interesting for sure.

I’m also jealous of Spaide’s wealth.

Radda likes this.
  7. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Boredom definitely sets in after the first few million. There is no investing/compounding like in real life where wealth creates more wealth.
    There's really not much point, and there's far better things to do outside.

Sketchy, Radda, Slayzz and 1 other person like this.
  8. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

You should use it to outsource your farming, and take a cut of the mq fees while not doing any work!

9. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

So now that people have reach their goal about their sub-game of getting high numbers :), can new players then get to do the mage epic, without poopsocking the magi :p?

Cillipis and actualspaide like this.
  10. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I've tried outsourcing farming before, it's too unreliable, and it's more work than just doing it myself.

Also keep in mind there are integer related bugs in this old client that make it detrimental to hoard too many numbers. I stopped after I experienced a bug that wouldn't let me buy anything in baz last year after a certain amount, and also a guildie lost a bunch of plat due to a currency conversion bug and only got partially reimbursed due to lack of logging. So yeah, hoard at your own risk!

Radda and Cadsuane like this.
  11. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Sounds like you need to distribute currency between accounts. The FDIC only guarantees backing for 250,000pp per account after all!

Sketchy and Break like this.
  12. Radda

Radda People Like Me

this is my bank account

Attached Files:

Cadsuane likes this.
  13. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

^ that's the guildie who lost a bunch of plat due to integer overflow, in case anyone was wondering.

Sketchy likes this.
  14. Break

Break People Like Me

Does that mean that the max amount allowable in our client of any type of coin is 4,294,967,295?

15. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Yea don't store your platinum in copper or silver.

Sketchy likes this.
  16. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

32 bit number limit

17. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

If you reach 4.3 billion platinum then you can start storing it in gold.

18. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Ouch. so in short, he dropped too much plat into the copper slot, which has the potential to reduce the amount by 3 orders of magnitude!

any amount of pp greater than 4,294,967 when dropped into copper, maxes out at 4,294,967,294 copper, with the excess lost, and you get back only 4,294,967 pp

Out of curiosity, is this client, server, or a odd interaction, and has it been fixed? I'd guess (hope! haha) that all Money code is done or verified on the server to avoid client hacks?

Break likes this.
  19. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

I know for certain that there are currency bugs, like what happened to radda. Also it's signed sometimes, handled as 64 bit sometimes, etc. Lots of places for problems. I'm not sure if it was busted on the real servers too but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Would like to fix eventually, but in the meantime, I recommend zoning to save/sync everything after you vendor a bunch of items or move currency around between different types.

20. Break

Break People Like Me

I've noticed that I always have random amounts of silver and copper after selling, emptying all my coins into my bank, and zoning. I occasionally have some plat or gold. It's really an odd bug.

21. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Yea this is a desync with selling. It's just slightly off and if you vendor many things it will be more and more off. Best thing to do is to zone after vendoring and then bank the coins after you're synced up again.

22. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

42 mil plat? What.