Ranger vs. Beastlord Tank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grumpy, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Tarkon

Tarkon Well-Known Member

Maxed Velious, really? My rogue is nowhere near being maxed Velious. And he has better gear than your BST.

2. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Yup. Not even close actually, since Vulak loot is now on the table. I don't think a single toon will have full BiS by the time Luclin launches, even if that launch is still over a year away.

3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I'm not trying to pick a fight on e-peens, I have 0 time to play at the moment with a new job, but up to a month ago or so I was beyond other bst

With that said, someone can roll here and have better gear in weeks with raid rots soon so /meh

Haynar likes this.
  4. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I was pointing out the stonestance disc because you can basically use it every time your hp is spiking hard, or you think a heal might not land in time. With 4'ish minute reuse, that's going to be a lifesaver constantly in tougher zones like EP's. Ranger gets weaponshield as a life saver, but it's on such a long cooldown, it won't be able to save you on back to back named mobs, or twice in a long fight. My monk was usually tanking on live, stonestance played a huge role in that. I always hated beastlords because they complained about how my monk was getting first dibs on all the gear, but they genuinely are a pretty versatile class.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

No one on P99 is even Maxed BiS and they have been downing Vulak weekly for 2 years (granted they only get 2 Vulak drops per kill generally). Though there are a few nerds who are 2-3 drops away.

The problem with Velious is you need like 3-5 Dozekar, 3-4 Vulak, 1-2 AoW, 1 Tunare, and the rest of the slots filled in with KT, Yelinak, Dain, NToV or CT loot. Vulak/AoW haven't died near enough, most guilds seem to do a decent job on spreading out the Dozekar love and Tunare hasn't died... yet...

#MaxedVelious*

*Excluding AoW, Tunare, Vulak and Dozekar

That is true for a lot of people though!

On topic though, Block is stupidly effective. Beastlords and Rangers both tank pretty well, and both can slow the creatures they're fighting (though Beastlord can do this a lot more readily). They can also spot Heal themselves a little bit.

6. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I used to mine eq platinum, now I mine fracking' sand

#bumlife

7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Rangers have roots and archery. Certainly not always usable but POP has many mobs that don't summon.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  8. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Roots also cuts your archery damage in half. Edge - beastlord as backing out and letting the pet handle things still functions with mobs who summon (EG back out repeatedly) but your root strategy does not.

Sorry rangers, I've been one of you at the highest levels, hell my AK AC was one of the best, if not the best for rangers on the server - and beastlords did it/do it better.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  9. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

10. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

ranger #1 for gating to gfay

11. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

and afk diein to the horse

12. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

13. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Pshhhh I'm a monk until the next server swap.

14. Tigree

Tigree New Member

I fell the love, I was mentioned on the forums. :)
    Btw that was the gear that I had on when I last logged on the 4th of July; needless to say I am back and have "normal" (whatever that really is) gear on.

A player's analysis of the situation and reaction is by far> gear (which is just icing on the cake)

lurari and Neealana like this.
  15. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

16. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Fantastic part about you getting that song is we no longer have to give you gear.

You can just hide behind walls with the Clerics and wizards now.

17. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

On the contrary, it seems this song out-aggroes enchanters on charm breaks, so I will need more AC/HP to soak up hasted pet demáges

18. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Da song

19. Tarkon

Tarkon Well-Known Member

Bum, you are really slipping by now. Tigree has leapfrogged you in HP and AC now too.

Time to get back into raiding.

20. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

/yawn

Did I ever raid or is "Bum" a collective?

21. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I know fora fact I saw bumbum on raids - shrinking people and himself, buffing people.

22. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

topping the deeps charts

23. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

He never beat me when i was trying

24. Loraen

Loraen Well-Known Member

25. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Hard to try when you are "laying around" during raids

26. Videri-Tala