6 Years is a long time.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tylaric, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Tylaric

Tylaric Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

It's been around 6-years since I last played on TAK. I've been doing life stuff and a couple other MMO's and honestly, I've always been looking for my beloved EQ in all of them but they all fall short...

Thinking I might come back here and re-learn the game. While the basic mechanics are engrained in my soul the specifics are a wee bit fuzzy..

My Necro is 50 but I honestly can't remember for the life of me how to play him...

Couple things I'd like to know from the community....

How is the community? Are we cooperative neighbours, or salty griefers?

Is there room for a necro in end game content and what does that look like, just a battery?

Should I just pick-up my necro and try to figure it out or I should I start something new and just work it up to re-learn the game (was thinking mage for cool pet toys later)

Are there any TAKp specific resources or relevant resources/guides to show me the way on levelling 50-65 and where to get my spells along the way ?

Cheers !

Tylaric.

2. Tylaric

Haha.. my signature just reminded me that I have a couple toons other than my necro, will be fun tonight to figure out what they are ! =)

3. anotheregostar

anotheregostar Well-Known Member

Community is great =) Necro DPS is great in end game, and necro will be really powerful with PoP.

Check out the navigation bar at the top of the forums, particularly TAKP Resources - In there you'll find the spell guide which has all the spells you chars have and don't have, what they do and where to buy them. You can also look at the game accounts page to see what chars you have on which accounts and what levels/gear etc =)

Welcome back!

4. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

More cooperative neighbours than anything. This is partly because the server staff have enforced rotations, which was implemented early in the servers life. The community then organizes these rotations so they are fair to all parties. This itself makes for a more relaxed server. Occasionally when travelling the world of Norrath you will meet some salty characters however these are the exception rather than the norm. I'm hoping that during the PoP launch with the influx of returning players we can all maintain this cooperative chilled out play given the elbow to elbow conditions and the pressure to be 1st. Even though 1st on an EMU always has seemed strange to me. Or at least it seems strange to me now.

5. Tylaric

Appreciate all the feedback. I'll definitely come back to work on my Necro.

Elroz likes this.
  6. necra

necra People Like Me

hey Tylaric, i believe we leveled together in lower guk in classic :) hope your well and look forward to seeing you in game

7. Tylaric

that definetly sounds familiar !