Project Al'Kabor Let's Play youtube series

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Linkamus, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

I've discovered I make a horrible commentator (having a cold doesn't help..) but I decided I wanted to start documenting my questing / raids on this server. Mostly for nostalgic purposes, but also for anyone else to watch if they so desire.

Komatek and showstring like this.
  2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Only problem is your choice of models.

Edit - also you gotta buy Sunskin :D

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    HoboBobJim, Yinn Yang and Linkamus like this.
  3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Not everyone like old model (me for example) and not everyone like new model. So not necessirely the OP problem but the viewer with a preference.

Ripwind, Aithne, Mokli and 1 other person like this.
  4. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Haha, ya I'm so lazy when it comes to buying my alt's spells. I do need that one though...

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

How dare u

6. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Well there are opinions and then just flat out being wrong rob. Sorry old models are the only models!!

HoboBobJim, Ransom, Yinn Yang and 3 others like this.
  7. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Episode 2:

8. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Episode 3:

showstring and surron like this.
  9. fryguy503

fryguy503 Active Member

Stock UI! The UI Porter does not agree!

10. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Haha, I love the guild chat around 4:00 about you guys losing my cleric's corpse! I go AFK for one raid and this is what happens...

Linkamus likes this.
  11. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

12. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Good stuff.

Ever think of doin a twitch stream?

Linkamus likes this.
  13. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

I've thought about it, ya. Perhaps in the future I will. I know a few people on TAKP have been doing it already.

Ransom and sowislifesowislove like this.
  14. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

/agree 100% ^^^

Lenas, Quirk and Ransom like this.
  15. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Here's #5.. I actually recorded this about a month ago, but haven't had time to do anything with it until now. I was basically a complete noob to the zone when I recorded this. I hadn't been to Velks in years, and hardly remembered it.

16. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

Old models = triangle snowmen with 3 ridiculous wolfenstein face textures. They look like jittery uncomfortable mongoloid zombies and they're awful. I wince at my gnome model in oldschool mode compared to how badass he looks when viewed correctly with his lush beard and handsome scowl. This comes from someone who played before the "newer" models ever came out by the way.

Luclin models are one of the best things they did to the game imo! Just thought I'd add one more high five toward Luclin model lovers. Opinion of course, i respect the fact that some might just go for the classic nostalgia over an equally nostalgic superior look. You guys are crazy :)

Also nice work on the videos Link, they make good bed time stories. I watch a lot of let's plays and I prefer a calm experience over a lot of what people choose to do with them.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  17. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Luclin models look nice when they aren't moving but they have the worst animations ever. They also have zero armor texture variations, you get robes/leather/chain/plate and that's it. Nothing within those categories looks different from another.

HoboBobJim and Frosst like this.
  18. Khorpus

Are you suggesting the old models have better animations while in movement? Classic models only have those (robe, leather, chain, plate) as well... aside from color differences, just like Luclin models. Does that comparison differ between the two options? The only things that seem to change are the textures, which contort during movement on either side of the spectrum, no? The old models have this thing like they have a shake weight in each hand (even while running) and the new seem to be slightly more accurate to real movement from what i've seen. Or maybe i'm not understanding what you're saying.

19. Khorpus

Maybe I'm wrong but it looks to me like the armor texture variations are just painted onto a flat piece of polygon vs curving around it. I'm not fighting for the cause, I was defending luclin models because i like them better, but honestly I appreciate both, I just prefer them.

Maybe so not to steal from Link's thunder and videos I should create a classic models vs luclin models thread :). I'd honestly love to hear why people prefer one over the other.

20. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

Ironically, I read your new thread before your responses to this thread. In that order-since you said in your new thread that you were just interested in people'S opinions-I was like, DAMN! Really stoking the fire, aren'tcha?

21. Khorpus

Haha, yeah I made this post first and decided to go ahead and do it !

22. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Sorry to hijack thread.
    I have started to do a little bit of streaming on Twitch as a fun learning activity, and maybe help promote EQ1 / TAKP server.

https://twitch.tv/rimidaleq

Give me a follow if you like, and tune in! Every viewer helps in these early days.
    I won't be streaming official guild raids, but there will be other miscellaneous content.

I will usually be live during weekday evenings which is my peak play time here in NZ, (which is early morning US time).
    Weekends during the day would be night/evening time in the US. Might be a workable gap in the timezones here, to differentiate me from other similar EQ1 streamers.

I'll aim to make a tweet when I'm going live here: https://twitter.com/RimidalTAKP

Let me know if you got any suggestions, tips, feedback, etc. I'm very new to this and still learning.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Komatek, Ripwind, Sketchy and 3 others like this.
  23. PompeiiEQ

PompeiiEQ Active Member

I’ll check you at Rim. I’m almost always watching twitch while I am playing.

Phaeton and showstring like this.
  24. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

I kind of forgot about this. I always cringe at my past self, haha.

Radda, Phaeton and showstring like this.
  25. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

hehe there's no need to be ashamed of past self, I thought the original youtube videos were good :)

Linkamus likes this.
  26. Phaeton

Phaeton Active Member

Thanks for the cool content Link and Rim, you got one more follower here.

Linkamus and showstring like this.
  27. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

haha oh dear, I had a fun encounter in Tenebrous for your entertainment:

copy the link manually, can't make it clickable because of embed code
    Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]
    Fattbottomed from Black Sheep advertised Valandov was up, and not wanting to waste any time I rushed over... totally forgetting about bane weapons. It's been a while since I killed him last ok :p

At 100% hp after /pet attack I realize my mistake, but I carry on and see what happens... 30 minute fight ensures with lots of luck on my side ;)

I port over to Grimling at the 1 hour mark in the video.

Warning: there is swearing in the video, not child friendly

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    Radda and solar like this.
  28. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Last edited: May 6, 2023
    Phaeton and Mokli like this.
  29. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Link inspired me to get my HS key done.

Linkamus likes this.
  30. Auyster