Possible newb questions Luclin and Plane of Sky

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lusiphur, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Lusiphur

Lusiphur Member

I kind of skipped Luclin on Live so my knowledge is lacking. Are there camps I could take with my box in Ssraeshza or Sanctus Seru that would be worth it for loot? Obviously, not looking to disrupt any raiding guilds in there.

Also, Plane of Sky I did once on a guild raid where I was an enchanter (ie I buffed and was bored), would it be possible for my box set up to get to Isle 4 and kill a pegasus to get the Ranger epic drop? It seems it might be but Isle 2 concerns me as I can't find a guide to safe kill spot.

Speaking of the Ranger epic, VS remains doable for the stone for the Ranger epic as well?

Magelos in sig. SK has CS 3 and CA 1 atm. Shammy has MC2.

2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The Luclin group game doesn’t really follow the paradigm of Trilogy. By that I mean the dungeons in the expansion don’t include a large number of rare named mobs with placeholders who have loot tables with 2-3 different pieces of gear. Many dungeons only have 5 or less named mobs.

Ssra is the zone which follows this the most, but almost none of that gear is an upgrade from Velious or earlier drops. There are several niche items like Vah Shir mask, Voice of the Serpent, and some unique spells from named in Ssra but not much in the way of gear.

For the most part the best gear you can get comes as a random drop from clearing trash in Umbral Plains. Every class has some set available. Goranga drop a plate set, the shades drop a rogue/ranger/bard set, the Vah Shir Skeleton/aliens and netherbian each drop a different silk set, Elysian drop a Druid set. I don’t think monks, beastlords or shamans have a set available though.

Plane of Sky solo would be very rough for your trio of Shaman/SK/Ranger. It’s doable but I think an Enchanter is a requirement for CC purposes when doing island 2. You could always buy an MQ or pay for a corpse summon up to island 4. A few people have necromancers keyed to island 4.

Venril Sathir Remains are trioable but again you need a fairly specific combination. Generally these combinations require at a minimum 1 enchanter, ideally 2 plus a tank. It’s possible with a raid geared tank, bard and healer but the raid geared tank needs to get to near 500 MR when tanking otherwise you will never out DPS the lifetaps.

3. Lusiphur

Lusiphur Member

Thanks Darchon.
    I do have a 60 Ench in so so gear so I suppose I could clear Isle 2 and then corpse summon up the Ranger to Isle 3. However probably just easier to buy MQs of both stones as you say.
    I am curious as to how you would trio VS with a tank and 2 Ench and no healing though? Or did I misunderstand you?

4. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Runes, lots of runes

5. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Use defensive, take turns refreshing rune on the chanters. VS doesn't actually hit that hard, and the lifetap only has a chance to proc on a hit that connects. Rune never drops.

6. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

I know that player lifetaps don't heal when they hit a rune/spellshield, but still eat through the rune. Do NPC lifetaps behave that way also, and additionally, you are noting that the NPC (and pc??) mele hit of a rune doesn't have the chance to proc?

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Melee procs from NPCs can only proc if they connect and deal damage.

Rune prevents that.

I’ve done VS a few times with Warrior/Ench/Ench. Two charmed pets with weapons and haste on VS’s back, Evasive disc on the tank, Rune V casts alternating between which enchanter casts to reduce hate building.

Plane of Sky even with an Enchanter is going to be a rough trio. If no one has an MQ available here my suggestion would be look for a corpse summon up. Ideally you’d want a cleric friend to come with so that the Necro is only need to rez one player. Using 3 EEs for a single adventure might be costly.

Cadsuane likes this.
  8. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

i kinda thought the area near the click up pad on isle 2 was relatively safe, but its been forever since I've done it

clearing isle 3 sounds like a chore though

9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I can sell you a swirling sphere of color MQ. Trio-ing your way to killing Pegasus mobs would be incredibly tough. 1 group of well geared chars is doable tho.
    PM me, hit me up on Discord, or try and ask for me in-game and I can help when you're ready at that step.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

You don’t need to clear island 3. In fact you can simply split out Gorgalosk and kill him and I think that drops 3 key pieces? Maybe it’s only 2 though.

Regardless, PoSky isn’t a really fun zone to crawl through with low numbers.

11. Lusiphur

Lusiphur Member

Cool, thanks Rimidal. I will let you know once I am at the relevant point. Going to start work on that tonight as a break from levelling.
    A further question if I may? Is Ssra basement a good xp/aa spot? I am seeing melee undead on a quick respawn which always makes for good XP.

12. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

The mines are reasonable xp, yes, whether AEing or standard killing. Pacify helps if your tankage/healage isn't up to snuff, as the spawns are dense.
    There are casters amongst them, I think shaman and wizards??

13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I think the mines are the best exp for a non-AE Group. If you’re good with charming, a Shissar revenant from the Rhag1 room is the best charmable pet in zone and will result in the best EXP rates. However it’s the most risky as it can generally kill most boxed enchanter in 2~ rounds and it summons if you let it drop under 97%.

Charming a warrior skeleton is the safer/slower method and decent EXP.

14. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I do VS with Bst/Brd/Clr, and would gladly help you do VSR pro bono.

Sketchy likes this.