Possible for Inny DE's to do Crown of Deceit quest?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mokli, May 18, 2017.

1. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Just curious if any DE Inny worshipers have been able to complete the quest for the Crown of Deceit since the patch on 11-16-2016? I know many have done it before hand, but was curious about after this patch.
    https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/11-16-2016.7448/#post-41804

I've been working up my faction in LGuk and while there met another SK Inny DE who had just maxed his faction and its still too low to do the quest after using the Scalp of the Ghoul Lord. I believe he said he maxed at Amiably and scalp brough him to Kindly, but Warmly is needed.

Also, I'm curious if it was possible to do this quest on AK at all as an Inny worshiping DE. I would assume yes since it would make sense that the scalp was put into the game for this purpose, but who knows. I did this on PC live a little after PoP myself, so unsure if anything changed in that time frame.

2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Illusions are how people do it apparently. PoP adds project illusion so people can cast illusions of non-KoS races on you.

By Luclin you could maybe get the VT Human illusion crown and then with that finish the Wood Elf illusion crown I guess?

3. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I could have sworn the scalp made it so any evil could do the quest, maybe that isn't adding enough faction as it should be?

4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

DE inny, should be high enough at max faction with scalp of ghoul lord.

5. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

Yeah I remember this also, but thats from Live

6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Ah, after reading a bit, it looks like that's how it was done. An illusion was also required. My memory is a bit fuzzy and I didn't recall that. Thanks!

7. Elroz

I don't remember illusions being required, I think they let you skip a big chunk of factioning instead. For instance the LDoN indoor wolf form let you do the quest if you were like dubious to live side. I think the whole point of the scalp was to allow everyone to do the quest no matter how evil you were.

8. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

No illusion pots in game right?

9. Elroz

i think illusion pots came with LoY

10. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

With luclin you can do imp form for the needed faction, current werewolf does not effect faction, in theory

11. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

would same apply for Ogres? unable to do quest until project illusion or imp illusion?

12. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

only race with evil deity that needs an illusion are trolls and ikky. Ogre and DE at max faction should be able to get by with the scalp that modifies the froglok faction.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    showstring likes this.
  13. robregen

I'm heading out of town for a couple of days. I don't have time to look into this. I'lll look into this when I get back.

Mokli likes this.
  14. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

No rush on this, just reporting data. RZ ogre with max faction and ghoul lord scalp cannot currently finish the quest. Their modded faction caps at kindly; the quest requires warmly.

showstring likes this.
  15. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Wtb trolls able to finish

Pps let skelly or boon change the faction $$$$

16. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I didn't think RZ or CT ogres could finish.

17. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

They currently cannot finish. Not sure if this is intended, dont remember how ak worked

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  18. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I never did it on AK, but after Haynar pointed out my flawed research when i looked into it, it seemed like any combo of "evil" race + deity seemed like it required the project illusion to finish. However, some combos might get close enough that faction + scalp + alliance click neck would push them over. I don't know for certain - but the forum posts tended that way.

19. Locnar

Locnar Member

Is the mask that gives one charge of halfling illusion in yet? Part of the innoruuk deity necklace. Maybe try that as a temp fix.

Mokli likes this.
  20. lurari

lurari People Like Me

I recall getting enchanter help to finish this on AK, but I may not have had a scalp, as an Iksar.

21. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Not sure if any alliance necks are out there

22. Suriinya

Suriinya Well-Known Member

Yes, that mask is definitely in game

23. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

thank you for this info!

24. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

25. robregen

Yeah looking into this. I know me and haynar was doing a bunch of faction work on live to find where the maxed cap faction for evil races and deity. The scalp only raises deity so it helps the good race with evil deity to be able to complete the quest.

26. Locnar

Locnar Member

Hmmm. Well there is the illusionists stone in lesser faydark and the earth elemental potion in Cazic Thule. Those might help the non cleric/shamans with this.

27. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

The illusionists stone is outdoor only. The earth elemental potion that I know of is from earth-a; otherwise i don't believe the god drops it and Temple CT, is a luclin zone that isn't in game. Good brainstormin though.

28. Elroz

29. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Should werewolf effect this faction.....plz...

30. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Test with an enc