PoM Run december 10th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by actualspaide, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

June 27, 2012 -
    Bristlebane has been shuffling his Deck of Spontaneous Generation and has thrown in a few new tricks. (Five previously unobtainable items that resulted from combinations of mischief cards can now be created.)

The crystal scimitar and the mask were both among these items:

Mask of the Tundra Walker= Black Squire, Blue Squire, Black Knight, Blue Knight
    Crystal Scimitar= Red Squire, White Squire, Red Knight, White Knight
    Crystal Hammer= Blue Squire, White Squire, Blue Knight, White Knight
    Great Sword of Bristlebane= Red Squire, Black Squire, Red Knight, Black Knight
    Ring of Rememberance= Red Squire, Black Squire, Blue Knight, White Knight

However, Miuma tried all those combines, and none of them worked.

Someone also had this to say:
    Interestingly, the Mask combine listed there - Black and Blue Thrones and Crowns - *was* correct for EQMac, and Miuma actually discovered it by chance prior to the PC update. However, I never heard of any of the other four items working, and I'd be shocked if Miuma, at least, didn't test the combines listed above.

Edit: Though I'd add that I could certainly see an argument for calling this a long-standing bug and implementing the old items/recipes from the final quote above, none of which are particularly game-altering anyway.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

I'll take a look at adding this in using the crown/throne recipe given above.

3. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

All this fun talk. That being said 1 week until this. Also if the price is an issue send me tell I can work something out, but please only if you are really hurting for pp. doing honor system basically:p

4. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I'm broke :(

Can I go free?

5. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Is this only for casting classes with bind affinity?

6. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

If you have a cleric you can always rez your melee back into the zone when you have to go elsewhere briefly.

7. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

Can corpses be rezzed twice on this server? I seem to recall doing the Rez trick (described below) on live.

Optimally you have access to both a cleric and a potting class.

Corpses last for 6 days, right? So feasibly as long as you have or know someone to Rez a corpse, you can:

Duel and leave non-gating class corpse. Rez. Leave throw-away good on body. Use porter to then leave.

When you are ready to return simply gate cleric, Rez again.

8. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Within the 3 hour window a corpse can be rez'd unlimited times. After that you have to make a new one. Makes raiding while in POM annoying.

9. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

The Rez timer should ONLY be for EXP rezzes, shouldn't it? I thought it was perfectly fine to Non-EXP Rez outside that window?

10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Duel corpses also have short Rez timers. You need to eat an exp death.

Really it's an absolutely awful zone for melee to be in unless you intend to be there for a long period of time. Even then there's basically the flowers and maybe the cloak useful for you. All the armor and other items like the belt are caster focused.

Monks aren't a real class that needs gear so no need to mention their armor set :p.

11. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

I guess I am misremembering. Hate when that happens.

Thanks for the clarification.

12. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

this is correct, exp rez only for 3hr timer
    full 7 day timer for port-to-corpse rez

evidence: VP raiding

Mambo likes this.
  13. actualspaide

TBH I remember it being 3 hour flat on Al'Kabor but I could be misremembering

14. actualspaide

As for vp we would make corpse after we were done. So finish up die then die again in pok pool

15. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

Well, maybe I am not crazy after all.

Can others way in? I am not sure if this would even show up in a log, and I'll be damned if I have any idea if this mechanic was ever altered on live.

16. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

17. actualspaide

final countdown for this! Send me tell during the week if you have any questions. Im around on spaide

18. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  19. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Many thanks to Spaide and Destiny for the ride through ToV. Looking forward to making some mischief.

Lenas likes this.
  20. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

How many ended up getting rides?

BAH! Where is the Bum puppet? Ridiculously funny!

21. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Mascha and Ascham got a ride. I have never seen original POM, and even if I will only be able to play it in a week or two, Spaide once again rocked, as he always does. Thanks a ton!

22. actualspaide

thanks for everyone that came out! I think we got over 40 total toons cothed. Hope everyone has fun in PoM

23. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Super cool of you guys to do this, Spaide and the DesiNation! I was sadly buried in work today, but maybe some other time I can wiggle my way into the Bristleplane. Never saw it on Live or AK!

24. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

I missed my chance, too. Am hoping can still get there someday )

Saskoris likes this.
  25. actualspaide

Send me tell slouch we can work it out

26. robregen

I went ahead and replace the recipe with these items except for the ring. The recipe for 6830 which is the crown of distraction is also use to make class armor (helm) so I am not sure about this.

27. Thunderace

Thunderace People Like Me

RIP wish I had read this prior to collecting the older-recipe cards. looks like I'll be farming some poM in the future. :( sadeface for thinking the barb mask was all mine!! lol

28. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

cute p2k2 avatar bro

29. Mangroas

Mangroas New Member

DA run to the portal if you want to go. Fun times back in the days...

30. robregen

After much discussion, about these PoM items not being verified that it did exist on AK. The 3 combine will be reverted to what we had in 2001, namely Belt of Inconsistency, Idiot Savant's Cap, and Very Rusty Dagger. The Mask will remain since it was verified on AK.

Frosst likes this.