PoM Run december 10th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by actualspaide, Nov 20, 2016.

1. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Have you been hearing about plane of mischeif and wanted to get in on the fun?!?! Well now is your chance. On Saturday December 10th I will have coth set up with a bard to do DA inside ToV at vulak bridge. I will be charging 1k per toon to do this. I will have coth set up and open from 1pm EST until about 6pm EST. Come on down get a coth, a da and experience what many say is the best zone in game!

2. actualspaide

the one caveat, i ask you not to set up your own coth chain off my coth. I feel this isnt unreasonable to ask:)

3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Date is tentative.

I have not approved this date yet.

-Plane of Bum Population Management

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Bum has no say in the matter

5. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I have all say, in all things.

6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

We let you think that.

Just sayin....

7. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Super stoked about this. Thanks for putting it on. Quick question. For my melee, since he can't bind there would the crucial items to get him asap be the DoSG and gift box? Anything else I'm not thinking of?

8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Deck would be main concern. I guess the Pot of Gold also for combining the armor and doll.

The gift box summons tradeable dolls though, so that can be done on any toon.

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Since your main is a ranger you really only need to worry about getting a DosG. Pot o gold, etc will be useless to him but your two chars that can bind there could get em eventually. The one of two items Rangers can use from armor of distraction / card combines are not worth it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  10. Volkmeer

Volkmeer New Member

Wish I was higher level to partake in this!

11. sowislifesowislove

Good to know, thanks.

12. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I have 16 sets of squires/knights. Will have PoM kits for black/green flowers including king cod card so you can get your deck and the two flowers and be done with PoM

13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Why does this not surprise me lol?

14. sowislifesowislove

Yeaaaaaaa but it'll only cost me my first born!

drownedcitizen likes this.
  15. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Here are some videos to help you get around POM, it can be a confusing place.

Verdent and kicnlag like this.
  16. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Verdent and kicnlag like this.
  17. sowislifesowislove

Nice videos. Thanks man

18. actualspaide

Less than 2 weeks till this. If you need help to find it watch lenas' video and I'd also suggest doing a dev run. All that being said my coth set up consists of a necro who can summon and rez (if you provide the ee)

19. shortok

shortok People Like Me

20. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

21. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Not that I ever heard. It has a Lucy entry date of 2012, but I suppose it could just have been previously undiscovered.

22. robregen

yeah the item id is within range so I don't know.

23. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Bijaz sent me the Lewt excel sheet with item IDs... Was that pulled from our client/server side data. If so I could look for it in there?

I think it was added in the same patch that added the Barbarian mask combine. They fixed a lot of the broken combines around then.

I made one of those Scimitars on the Phinigel TLP server a few weeks ago so the combine definitely works on live! Not that that's relevant here...

24. robregen

Bijaz told us a long time ago while server was in alpha stage that his website was using the old PEQ database so I don't know if that's count. Also the that scimitar is fairly new. PEQ doesn't even have that in their database.

25. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Yeah, it looks like the Scimitar's entry date is the same as the Mask's.

The fact that the Mask could be made on AK is evidence that it existed before the PoM revamp. That is to say:

1. PoM goes live on PC; nobody finds the Mask combine
    2. AK launches, with the original PoM
    3. PoM is revamped on PC; the mask combine stops working
    4. In 2012, a new recipe for the mask is implemented on PC
    5. On AK, Miuma discovered the original, pre-revamp recipe for the mask, which did, in fact, work.

I would say that leaves us with two possibilities:

1) the Scimitar combine never worked prior to 2012, or
    2) the Scimitar combine did work briefly before the PoM revamp, but nobody discovered it in time, either on PC or AK.

Either way, the current recipe on Live would likely be the wrong one, just like the current Live recipe for the mask.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  26. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Aye I know his Allakabor DB was an old PEQ DB, but the excel he sent me it sounded like it was mined somehow from the Lewt bot who you could send a tell with an item and receive a link back.

It's also highly possible I have no idea wtf I'm talking about though. I'll check the excel regardless to see if it's on there.

27. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

The Lewt bot was set up by Zorblak in 2005. It worked by matching an item name up to its item id, and used name/ID combos from 2005-era EQPC Lucy, not PEQ. Then the client itself generated a link using the item ID, I think.

Since the item IDs in our DB weren't identical to those on EQPC, it didn't always work. Some broken links/item IDs got fixed over time, but many never did.

I don't think the Crystal Scimitar will be in there, since it wasn't in Lucy's DB back in '05.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  28. shortok

shortok People Like Me

I would assume that the combine wasn't attempted on AK or even legacy live data. It was found on live by cobbling together card clones on the test server and trying weird combos. There's not much reason to believe that the 2012 discovered combos wouldn't have worked on AK and I think they should be implemented.

>4. In 2012, a new recipe for the mask is discovered on PC

I don't know that there's reason to believe a change was made near that time. I think the only logical likely change time would be when the zone was revamped for the repopulation+1.5epic stuff.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  29. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Make the barbarian mask usable by halflings

30. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Sword sucks, who cares if it's put into a Velious end game zone or not :/