Peffin Ambersnow encounter for 9th Ring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Videri-Tala, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Videri-Tala

Videri-Tala Well-Known Member

I have the Letter to Peffin and I intend to take her down. However, the event has become more complicated than I expected.

Currently, the Kromrif Elites do not despawn. Right now, there is a stack of at least 8 of them in Peffin's building.

I doubt this is intended. Another thread mentions this, but I don't understand by Rob's response whether they despawned or not on AK. It does seem the staff didn't see a problem, so I assume this ever-growing stack of giants is intended. And somehow, other people are doing the turn-in.

I tried training them onto Gloridain's Coldain camp using Feign Death, but the giants and dwarves did not attack one another. Furthermore, when I used Siphon Strength to aggro them, seven giants followed my necromancer, but one (or more) was still there, as well as the 3 Savages. I don't have a targeted AE.

Somehow, I've got to turn in the Letter to Peffin from my necromancer, then kill the respawned Peffin by the fire and loot her head on my beastlord.

Would it work to Wake of Tranquility the stack of giants, clear or pacify the other giants, then initiate?

Maybe I can just feign-pull one at a time and just eliminate them all.

I was advised to wait until a server reset and try to be the first person to do the event. I don't like the idea of using such a meta mechanic to beat this event. Also, I don't know if I can play on a given Wednesday. I am looking for a harder, better, faster, stronger solution. Any ideas?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I cleared these out tonight, so the coast should be clear for the time being.

You could probably do the turn-in with giants up, though, by harmshielding in to hand Peffin your note, then running away and feigning the non-rooted set of elites off. Or, yes, you could dark/fd the giants out one by one and clear them before handing in your note.

Videri-Tala likes this.
  3. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

really no point in doing it with such a stack of giants, easier to wait for server reset
    she despawns in 4.5 mins after turn in also, so have to be quick

Videri-Tala likes this.
  4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Giants in the hut don't assist Peffin v1. Elites at the fire and Peffin v2 are all perma-rooted. Peffin v2 doesn't summon.

Here's how I do the Peffin event. I start by moving all toons to the fort wall behind the fire. I kill the one non-elite giant who hangs out by the fire (level 35 or something). I pull Peffin v1 out of the hut with any old spell from max range, then root her or FD or blur or whatever. I hand the letter in with a different toon, hailing if necessary to keep Peffin from homing. She poofs and respawns by the fire. I kill Peffin v2 from a distance using lure nukes or dots or whatever. (She despawns if not engaged for a minute or two, so jump her quick, but she won't poof if she's pissed.) I have one toon sit to make the fire elites hate Sitter and ignore Looter, then run Looter in to grab the head and letter to Doldigun.

showstring and Videri-Tala like this.
  5. Videri-Tala

Videri-Tala Well-Known Member

Why didn't I think of that?? Either strat should work for my trio, pulling Peffin v1 out or Harmshielding to do the turn-in. I think my necro will go splat after that, or maybe I'll give her a far-away rez box.

Thanks for the input, guys. And thanks for clearing the giants, Ravenwing. I'll see if I can get on today.