Innoruuk's curse vs greenmist/shard of night

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khorpus, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

I take great interest in tank discussions, especially since all of this old-world stuff is cool and I don't know as much about it as many of you (I had never played a shadowknight and know very little about them, Greenmist was something I learned existed recently). Is the SK epic something you are drooling over while already having an SoK or Greenmist or are you content with that until next expansion? Or do you consider them even better than epic and see it as a trophy item?

2. Tollen

Tollen Member

most time I use greenmist and a nice shield over epic, when tanking boss mobs def using greenmist and rainbow hues shield

3. Khorpus

Interesting. So would it be safe to say that main SK's for this era aren't interested in their epic at all compared to other options? So much as they are getting Greenmist and a shield and leaving it alone? Does anyone prefer epic or is it situational where you aren't the main tank and you would hypothetically switch over to Innoruuk's Curse if you weren't the one taking the direct blunt of damage? Kinda sad, it would appear the SK epic is truly never worth doing outside of cool points.

4. Khorpus

Now I'm interested in seeing the paladin point of view for BiS Kunark, but I'll have to look into it :) Rock on, knights.

5. Tollen

Tollen Member

from my stand point I tank a lot, and with mostly AOE mobs in kunark having the 25RM from greenmist and 20 to all in off hand is amazing, knights are not your dps power house in this era, and a dead knight is not doing any dps.

in other encounters were i'm not tanking, i would prob switch to epic or another 2hander to up the deeps

Khorpus likes this.
  6. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

I really want an epic. The sword and shield is by far the best for most things, tanking, you just can't pass up all that AC on the shield and any other nice boosts. There is +10 MR on some shields and +100hp on my current shield, as well as nice AC. So shields are what I use most of the time. But sometimes when I'm in a group that is really solid, or I'm just playing as my trio and doing something easy (like camping an item from a lower level mob), then I really don't need any help with tanking. I already take very little damage so the shield is no big benefit and in those cases I would much prefer a good 2h. I currently have a couple to choose from but they are pretty bad. If I had the epic I would use it a lot in these situations for the better dps. Also on raids when I'm not the main tank, I would be better to just use the 2h for the dps.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    badfish likes this.