Opps, forgot to lock beta announcement thread lol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sketchy, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Re: Beta going Live!

What a great milestone. It has been amazing to see devs and players working together to create a better server for everyone. The open nature of the data base and the project is a really big draw, allowing other devs to use this information in the future. It's really a preservation project and it's great to see it move along. I wish I had more contribute but I am just a slack player char, only able to see whats wrong based on my limited memory. I wish I could name everyone who contributed, but people would be left out. Thanks to all those who have been contributing from far away lands, like Shards of Dalaya. It will be really interesting how this server plays over the long term, and I hope it is exactly what the devs and the players have envisioned as a home for Al'Kabor.

2. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Turned it to global and it unlocked it hmm.

3. Speedz

Thanks Sketchy for the great post :) moved it here since I guess the forums had other plans for the announcement lol

4. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

lol ahh well I was wondering why that one wasn't locked.

5. Speedz

Just keeping me on my toes :p

6. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

This is fantastic. What a wonderful way to start the New Year (although I do have to work 8 hours that day)! Anyway, New Years sounds like a great goal. However, I am quite aware that the unforeseen often happens when working with technology and it almost always takes longer than originally expected to get it working right. With that in mind, I will understand if this date must be pushed back. I hope it does not, but I think it is important that you all do not feel pressured to take the server to beta before the server is ready to go to beta. I think it is more important that we do this right than we do it quickly.

7. Tylaric

Tylaric Well-Known Member

Excellent news !

Only saddened by the fact that I'll be out of town until Jan 5th !

8. Circe

Circe New Member

Very exciting. Congratulations to everyone who's worked on this, and heartfelt thanks as well.

9. Kazlan

Kazlan New Member

Just Awesome

10. Merriam

Merriam Member

/deftdances

11. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Great news ! Thanks to all !

12. OrehStun

OrehStun New Member

I'm a fan of this. Thanks for all the effort from contributors.

13. Teslaa

Teslaa New Member

Yay, awesome! Lots of thanks to all those who tested!

14. surron

surron People Like Me

Teslaa were you a halfling druid?