Open Vox raid!!!! 5/9/17 3 PM Eastern

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luddwig, May 9, 2017.

1. Luddwig

Luddwig Active Member

Let's take the ice queen down! Bring your favorite 45-52 characters today (5/9/17) at 3 PM Eastern and we'll make it so! Loot will be randomed between participating members, with preferences on epic pieces given to those actively working on their quests.

See you in Permafrost!

2. Luddwig

Luddwig Active Member

Great crew of 13 or so took her down in under an hour, but she snubbed us badly with her loot :( Pleasure meeting Meriadoc et al and Lucky today, and hope to do more in the near future!

sowislifesowislove and Elroz like this.
  3. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

would have been down with more advanced notice!

4. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Was their way of claiming to not monopolize nag/vox by calling it "open raid" and announcing it an hour before, in the middle of the US work day.

5. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Oh, I wanted to run a 'toon down. Got caught up in RL (

Thanks for running this !

6. Luddwig

Luddwig Active Member

Next open vox raid tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, May 16th at 9:30 PM Eastern, pending no conflicts with Austerity's raid schedule and variance is kind to us. Even Bum is invited :)

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  7. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

I got a great story to tell my kids out of the afternoon.

This one time, I was 3 boxing Meriadoc (WAR), Peregrin (DRU), and Samuel (CLR), in a Vox raid. At some point Merry got feared, so I focused on healing while it ran its course. When I turned back he was in some den of spiders, and nothing looked familiar. I was sure I would have at least stayed in Vox's lair. Even using Halfling wall-vision was no help, so he died. After Vox went down, we used track, and found out while Merry was feared, he got blasted up the north tunnel (right behind where we had pulled Vox to tank). We couldn't levitate up there, and I'm not even sure how one would get there with out similar help from Vox.

So a big shout out to Vance (or Bael, or something I don't have the memory for this sort of thing) for the crazy CR. Was a "blast"!

8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

So Vox and Nagafen are on 5 day respawns? I'm so confused on these guys spawns.

I could've sworn they were 7 day with no Variance but that doesn't seem correct on this server.

9. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

They are on a 7 days respawn. We repop Vox earlier last week after it was taken down. We wanted to test the script that we thought might have been bugged.

10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Ah okay that was my confusion then.

Speaking of their scripts, I was surprised to see them leash to their lair so easily. It makes splitting the lair extremely trivial, just aggro everything, run outside and wait and the dragon resets while the trash comes.

I unfortunately never did them on AK so dunno if this was the case there.

I could've sworn people used SKs for Fearless AA and the ability to FD split the Giants.

11. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Heh, my AK Naggy farming was pretty dumb. Level SK to 62, get defensive and fearless AAs, delevel to 52. Bind cleric in antechamber. Max out DS on SK, pull Naggy, stand around while the wily dragonlord impales himself over and over on the DS. CH occasionally, get banished and gate back.

12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Yea that story is always what makes me question whether immunity levels to Resists are too generous or whether there was some minimal critical fail check to Resists.

I'd think your 52 SK in Luclin/PoP raid gear would've hit 210 MR buffed which would make Fearless AA irrelevant. But who knows! You probably didn't even bother with Nagafen before getting the AAs.

13. Luddwig

Luddwig Active Member

I didn't need anything fancy on AK when doing naggy/vox or the giant clear. I just used plain ol 52 war (nothing special to his gear, just Fierce heraldic and epics really) and a 65 cleric to CH and gate back. Used the strat you described above of aggroing giants and running out/leashing naggy/vox to clear. Resists seem accurate to me as I don't think I ever got feared (very rarely if at all) in mostly HP-based gear.

14. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Don't dragons pre-Velious all have a -150 adjust to fears?

Edit, guess nag and vox don't, just checked allaclone. So yeah a 52 char at 205MR would be immune.

Last edited: May 10, 2017