Not sure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Foxhorde, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Foxhorde

Foxhorde People Like Me

i don't want to report this as a bug because I can't remember for certain how it was on the AK server.

When you kill an npc with a summoned pet is the pet suppose to automatically die like with a player?

2. Bornex

Bornex Member

Ive seen both on takp fox, for instance the shadow men in SK pets don't die. So be interesting to hear whats supposed to be normal.

3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

It's based off of the pet owner has aggroed or not... as in, if you one shot the mob with a nuke, the pet poofs

4. Bornex

Bornex Member

Thanks Bum, always wondered, named pets always killed pet 1st then to named , but my sk farmed shadow men a while and had to kill pet after i killed them.

5. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

in my experience, pets of mobs do not despawn when mob is killed. For instance, shadow knight pets and so forth are always still attacking me after I kill their owner. I have never 1 shotted an owner yet though, so I don't know what happens then.

6. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

P 99 has the pet die if the owner dies. At least they did when I played there. Obviously not a relevant source of info, just an FYI.

7. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

if the mob can be one shotted nuked, then pet poofs

if not, you kill pet after

or mem wipe pet

8. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

On AK it worked as Bum says above.

NPC pets depop if their owners are dead AND they have nothing on their aggro lists. Killing an NPC before it aggros you - i.e. one-shotting it from range - will cause its pet to depop rather than aggro. Blurring a pet whose master is dead will also cause it to depop. Just killing a pet's already-aggro master won't poof it, though; the pet will keep fighting until its hate list is empty.

9. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

This *should* be working as said above. If not, let me know. I fixed this a while ago, and death has been messed with a few times so something may have changed it.

10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Shouldn't be unless it was changed. One shot npc owner, pet dies. Otherwise the pet is a normal npc that stays up if owner dies, until loses aggro. Then it depops.

I will check p99 code to make sure its working correctly.

11. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Hmmm maybe I'm not remembering correctly but I feel as though when I started playing here I distinctly noticed the difference. But perhaps it was a one shot scenario.