New...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhodes, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Rhodes

Rhodes New Member

Hey All! Haven't played EQ since I was 9 .. I'm 27 now and have no idea where to start.

Any help exiting full screen mode would be super appreciated. Maybe user error, but alt-enter is not doing a darn thing. On mac os x

Thanks. LOL

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Elroz likes this.
  2. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

3. Rhodes

Rhodes New Member

Thanks! I’ll try this!

4. Rhodes

Rhodes New Member

For anyone else trying to figure this out:
    Macbook Pro Mid 2014 Yosemite 10.10.5
    Using the TAKPLauncher 2.1 was much easier than using the text edit/terminal launcher for windowed mode for me. There is a small little box that says windowed that you can check off in the bottom right corner. Go figure. You should have avatars made because you cant use your mouse until you get in-game/enter the world. You do need to use the up and down arrows and enter button to select your ava and log-in. After that type [/mc i] without the brackets, and hit enter. A box comes up and once you hit ok, your mouse issues are solved. Using Mission Control on Macbooks is the best bet. Command-Tab and the down arrow will get you to your other screens. To switch through them you press tab and to select one, you will press the up arrow-enter. Hopefully this was helpful.

5. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Copied over from another thread -

you may have already done some of these steps, but just to be really basic:

1) to to the game accounts link at the top of the forums and make a second account for your alt to be on
    2) hit command (apple) + space to get the search bar and type mission control and hit enter
    3) in this view there will be a (+) button in the top right of your screen. hit that twice. you now have 3 desktops. click on desktop 1 to return to your normal screen.
    4) open system preferences (from the apple button drop down menu in the top left of your screen) and go to keyboard. then go to the shortcuts tab. in the left box, click mission control
    5) check the boxes for switch to desktop 1, 2 and 3. assign hotkeys to those. I personally use f9, f10, f11, but your mileage may vary.
    6) now you have a 1-button shortcut to switch between your desktops. if you don't like the animation that produces, go back to the main menu in system preferences and go to accessibility, then to display and check the "reduce motion" box. close system preferences
    7) i'm guessing from the way you phrased it that your launcher is a terminal script thing. right click that file and hit duplicate. now right click on the copy and hit open with -> text edit. find your log in credentials and replace them with the 2nd account you made in step 1.
    8) use desktop 1 for your browser and other computer stuff and use desktops 2 and 3 for your eq instances. launch as normal in each of those desktops.

As for mouse control - When you launch your client, via whatever means you like, look for the EQ icon to appear on your dock and click on it before it gets as far as the little black box in the top left corner. If you do, you won't need to do the /mc thing
    If you're using TAKPLauncher, you'll probably want to have that open on desktop 1, launch your client and scoot over to the desktop you want it to appear on and then do your dock-icon trick.

6. Rhodes

Rhodes New Member

Thanks so much for these tips! I have tried the clicking the eq thing before the black box appears, but user error always takes over (i imagine). I wind up with 2 mouse arrows or a non functioning arrow. I will def try again and see how to utilize the shortcuts/hotkeys. Sounds much easier. TY!