New to the Server - Check Here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darchon, Aug 21, 2021.

1. teebs

teebs Member

Tip for new players, stop every 5-10 levels and make sure your defense skill is caught up. Trying to level defense from 0 even at level 20 is rough. It's real easy with all the MGBs to forget about defense on some characters as you blast through levels. Pause a bit every few levels and skill up all chars defense, it will save you an immense amount of boring time later.

CTroi and pivoo like this.
  2. Break

Break People Like Me

Don't forget that you can use a pet to get defensive skill-ups. It does take a while, but there are a couple of things to note. The pet needs to be in the experience range, so it must be light blue or higher. You can only get skill-ups on misses. You can lower a mobs attack rating using a druid and/or shaman/chanter. This would hopefully lead to more misses per minute.

Audiva, pivoo and teebs like this.
  3. teebs

teebs Member

Thank you for the tip that is helpful if you end up in the situation where the character outleveled their defense skill. However I do want to make sure players know even the pets TAKES A LONG TIME. Do not think "oh i'll just use pets at 60". If you're currently leveling your character, level defense as you go.

4. Tylaric

Tylaric Well-Known Member

For defence skill ups.. Pause your levelling at 35. Get an Aego/Virtue and you and your healer buddy head to Echo Caverns. Find a light blue needlite and let it beat on you. They attack super fast and for low damage allowing you to skill up your defence from zero to level cap in a couple hours. This is not an afk activity mind you, you will have to heal yourself while watching a movie =)

After this your casters will be capped at 145, and your tanks will do more actual tanking so it will be easier to maintain capping the defence from this point on.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  5. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Same with casting spells. It suck, if you empty your mana bar trying to get pet, and you still don't have a pet ;-) or trying to cast a shield etc...

One way with spells skills is, make a macro, when you cast some primary spell, always cast afterward some low level spell of the skill, that you are trying to level up.

For example, on Cleric, after every heal, I also automatically cast lvl1 shield and lowest yaulp

6. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Great tip, thanks!

7. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

I heard something about duo-ing in arena using pet. How this exactly work?
    Paladin need defense higher, duo with magician, and then magician's light blue pet hammer paladin, while paladin is just standing and occasionally healing?

8. Break

Break People Like Me

That's how it works. I think you mean "duel" instead of "duo".

pivoo likes this.
  9. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Cool, thank you, and yes, a typo
    I will not correct it now, so your comment stays relevant :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  10. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Off Topic
    Since one of your characters name is Bomb, when my Magician grows up, we need to join forces sometimes, since my mag name is Firee Ball, which (it seems to me) would go nicely together with Bomb ;):p

11. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

Is there a TAKP specific tradeskill guide, like EQTraders? A lot of the older tradeskill recipes that were used before tradeskills were revamped on live can be hard to find now, and trial and error until you find something that works is too tedious, to the point where a lot of players just won't bother.

12. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

On live, containers used to happily attempt to combine whatever you put into them, resulting in a loss of the items, if the combine failed. A lot of people who were using their tradeskill containers as bags, would accidentally hit the combine button, to the point where Verant wouldn't restore items lost by careless players who did this. It was too much trouble, so they just laid down the law that if you accidentally hit the combine button, it was on your own head if you lost something important.

13. Break

Break People Like Me

Allaclone has the correct recipes if you search for the item you want to make.
    Bhodi's tradeskill guide is pretty good as well.

CTroi likes this.
  14. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

What I'm really looking for is a guide that shows the fastest or cheapest progression to max skill. I don't remember all the old trade skill recipes, so I'm sure I would miss a lot of them in searches.

15. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

CTroi and pivoo like this.
  16. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

bump for new players

17. Jayisanorgre

Jayisanorgre New Member

Hello, I am extremely new to this, and I can't seem to log in to download the serve to play Everquest. It says my password is incorrect, and I tried to reset, and it didn't recognize me. Yet it recognizes me here, I am newb, and I just need help:)

18. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

This account you are posting as is your "forum account", of which you can have only 1. Think of this as your overhead or control account.

If you follow the "game accounts" tab on top of this forum, you can make logins and passwords for up to 10 "game accounts". From this same tab you can view character inventories and move characters between accounts.

Mascha likes this.