New to the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Naneran, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Naneran

Naneran New Member

I've downloaded the latest known stable version of the game. I enabled it on computer .Even granted it accessabiltiy in security, os mojave. I double click the eq icon in the applications folder it acts like it is launching then a Firefox browser opens saying unable to find page. Am I missing a step the game doesn't launch just the browser window .

2. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

You need to update eqhost.ini to takproject.net (I may have the specifics off, I’m on my phone atm)

3. Naneran

Naneran New Member

I'm not sure of where or even how to do that.

4. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

5. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Make sure you’ve created a game account to log into, under “game accounts” on top tab

6. Naneran

Naneran New Member

ok at the login screen sorry what is the server login address and port I entered my login and password game account credtials clicked connect nothing happens.

7. Setsuko

Setsuko New Member

The eqhost.txt file can be found if you right click the Everquest app and select Show Package Contents, then navigate Contents>Resources>eqhost.txt

This is what mine says, so I think that's the login and port that you need to use.

[Login Servers]
    {
    "loginserver.takproject.net:6000"
    }

I'm also using Mojave to play and Speedz' launcher works a treat. Hope this helps!