New, Questions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trosh, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Trosh

Trosh New Member

Heyas, so I have a couple questions, and I am new to the project.

This may have been answered in previous posts, but I dislike reading pages looking for something, so bear with me if you can.

Firstly, how do I get the client? I have many different CD's for PC side, from the individual original trilogy CDs to the trilogy dvd, titanium client, etc. I just need to know what client I need to get or where to start off, or if there was a specific mac client. Feel free to answer in a private message.

Have I read correctly that the boxing limit is 3? What if I have a VPN (I do) how would that be tracked or enforced? I say this because if the box limit is 3, I would be loathe to make more, and would hope that others would do likewise.

What version of PoP does Al'Kabor go to? I never played EQ mac, but I played the majority of time in PoP, which is where EQ mac ended, if I am not mistaken.

How many players are active, I assume this is a live server at this point, so are there loads of twinks and trolls yet?

Finally, assuming I can install this bad boy and get started, are there any guilds that would love a main cleric? If I can box 3 accounts, I will probably go with cleric, SK and wizard.. if not I'll just main a cleric and have some fun.

Thanks in advance!

2. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

Most guilds do not use clerics on raids. So you are not likely to get a guild invite with a main cleric. I suggest making your main either the SK or the wizard.

3. Quaos

Quaos New Member

Theus :lol:

4. Trosh

Trosh New Member

Wow, really? I thought main clerics would always be wanted.. that's surprising. In that case what about a shammy + monk + dru/wiz? The only reasoin I take druid or wizard is for easy transport.. also SK epic is a nightmare..

5. Quaos

Quaos New Member

Sorry Trosh, Theus and I are main clerics. It wasn't rare for us to box a 2nd cleric on raids as well. Theus almost always ran 2 and sometimes ran 3 I think?
    Regardless, if you want to main a cleric - do it. They're always wanted and I have the most fun playing one.
    Totally up to you if you want to box and what you choose to box. Group vs. raid is a different environment too. Play what you like :) If you need 3 box ideas you can keep asking around.

Cleric + SK + Wiz has the essentials other than slows. We had someone who played Cleric + War + Wiz and could do very well with that team.

edit - PM if you have questions about the Mac client. Someone else can help ya with the PC client if you prefer PC.

6. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

Quaos is correct. I was kidding. I think saying guilds never use clerics on raids would giveaway my post was a joke.

7. furst

furst Member

Armed & hammered would love main clerics to death

8. Trosh

Trosh New Member

Okay, well I have a titanium client download finished, for argument's sake, lets us say it is from a CD. now what? (also considering 2x cleric and pally.. just stick to undead zones and be goofy)

9. furst

furst Member

sent a pm.

BTW the server goes live 1/1/15 (one last total wipe before we get to keep everything)

You can get buffed to 50 at the pok soul binder

10. Trosh

Trosh New Member

Thanks, you! and what?! Does that mean 50 for 3 characters? also that seems like shooting yourself in the foot right off.. unless you guys give me an amulet of necropotence, then I will be happy.

11. Quaos

Quaos New Member

It was for the express purpose of having people available to try some GM sponsored raids before Beta launches. Once Beta hits, it will be normal EQ with all the rules and regulations ;)

12. Trosh

Trosh New Member

Also please ignore my silly ignorance.. but is it just like *BAM* full client! Or is it more like "EQ1, EQ2, etc." where it progresses.. like for stuff such as the mask of deception etc? Again, sorry for the ignorance.

13. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

3 boxing is the limit. It is expressly disallowed to create additional forum accounts per person for additional boxes.
    VPNs are quite discouraged and could cause some issues later on.
    Some developments are being made in the background to detect boxing in ways I doubt many expect.
    Needless to say that anyone bypassing set boundaries risks all associated accounts being deleted.
    Not just suspended or banned. Perma deleted and unrecoverable without notice.

14. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Trosh there won't be manastones or guises in like a true classic server. This is because we are trying to recreate the EQMac or Al'Kabor server, which went to PoP. So all that type of stuff was gone by then. All classic content will be open, and everyone will be level 1. Sharvahl, Field of Bone and PoK will all be open as well so people can be lizards and cats, and move around a bit easier. I hope you stick around to play, it should be an interesting experience.

15. dunehead

dunehead New Member

Hello will there be noob armor quests at launch

16. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=655

Is your name related to Dune the book and movie?

17. iance

iance New Member

yes the newbie armor quests will be in, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=655

Feel free to pick up some of the untested ones and verify them, if you want to make 100% sure your stuff is in the game once the server launches!

edit> oh SD beat me to it!

18. dunehead

dunehead New Member

Yes it is haha thanks for the replies : )

19. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

Enjoyed reading the book.

Just picked up Dune the extended edition in a steel collectors case off ebay for dirt cheap.

Almost liked the movie more (during some parts) but if I didn't read the book I would have been super lost while watching.

Anyways, Welcome Aboard.

20. Schadenite

Schadenite New Member

While we're at it, I also have Titanium lying around on what we'll call CDs. It's just a matter of getting the rest of it, isn't it? Gee, I wonder where the shampoos are around here I wonder who can help me out with that.

21. iance

iance New Member

check your inbox!