New player, few questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Treyekh, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Treyekh

Treyekh New Member

Hey everyone,

I had a few questions!

1) Are luclin graphics available here?
    2) I'm booting to graphic selection screen, and being told I only have 4GB of memory. Is that a limitation of this particular client? I have 24GB of memory.
    3) Has anyone had any luck using programs like IsBoxer to allow for seamless window swapping bound to hot keys?

Thanks!

2. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

1) Yup
    2) It may be capped at 3 or 4GB per instance of EQ since its a 32 bit app. I don't think I've seen an instance user more than 1GB though.
    3) Check the rules, IsBoxer may not be allowed.

3. Treyekh

Treyekh New Member

Thanks! I guess my next question is, if Luclin graphics are enabled but you aren't allowed to select more than a very small handful, is there a workaround? The graphics screen isn't just 'suggesting' I only check 2 luclin models, it's enforcing it completely and disallowing me to continue. Is anyone getting around this?

4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Select all u want. Then press enter on ur keyboard rather than button on screen.

5. surron

surron People Like Me

Can update eqclient.ini if the options screen is still giving you problems... (however you'll want to use old models with horses for no acceleration/deceleration)

I don't think you'll be able to get ISBoxer working for our client, it's something to do with our client still using directx8 or something

however, if you follow the getting started guide on the wiki, Secret's updated client (which automatically names each eq instance its own name) and then provided with that client is hotkeynet and a script.txt file which maps numpad keys to each numpad.

if you wish to use eqw.exe then either build your own hotkeynet script to rename the window titles for you or use this program I wrote http://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/pc-boxing-hotkey-program.1647/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016