New, LF xp route

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by steeds, Jul 21, 2021.

1. steeds

steeds New Member

Hey everyone, just started with TAKP and I have a lvl 1 mage/druid/enc trio. I've enjoyed all of these classes individually, so I'm hoping to have some fun boxing these 3. I played TLP/p99 and I've always done CB, Unrest, SolA/B, Guk, Chardok, HS, Seb for leveling/loot.

I saw Kurns -> Paludal Caverns -> HK is great to get you to 40s+, but I'd love to experience Luclin more (not to mention Kurns/HK can get boring). I did see ZEMs in Luclin are decent, but ZEMs don't mean everything. Anyone have any experience with any other routes. I have a great crawling setup, so I would like to stick to exploring dungeons, but I'm not opposed to the outdoors (there is a druid in the group after all :)).

Thanks in advance!

2. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

Do field of bone to crush bone to Runny eye to splitpaw/ sol a to start.

3. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

Nurga netherbain lair could also be good fun

4. Palarran

Palarran Well-Known Member

It's not Luclin, and it's not the most time efficient, but I like Crystal Caverns for 25-40 or so (especially if you plan to use the tradeskill drops later on).

5. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

This thread has what you are looking for: https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/fungeons.5873/

Welcome to the server.

6. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

That Fungeons thread is more about Verant dungeons (classic/Kunark/Velious). Not much Luclin in there.

For a Luclin leveling path with mage/druid/chanter, I'd probably do 1-6ish in the Shadeweaver's newbie yard around the Shar Vahl PoK book, move somewhere (suggestions?) for 7-12ish, move to the Hollowshade side of Paludal for 12-15ish, then hit bandits in Paludal through 25ish. I might charm a guard and wreck trash in Marus Seru for 25-30ish, hit the easy side of Echo to 35ish, then move somewhere (?) to hit 39.

At 39 you have the perfect trio to charm Ryklo Rykes in Dawnshroud Peaks. He's an undercon who has a lot of hitpoints and can quad for 177 a pop. Give him two different one-handed weapons, keep him ensnared and hasted, and let him shred rockhoppers near the port-in. When Ryklo inevitably kills you, just port back, loot up and keep going. Hold onto flawless, superb and low-quality hides. Flawless sell like hotcakes to high-end tailors for 250+ plat each. You can level fast from 39-50ish on hoppers and easily make 20k+. This will also teach you how to manage buzzsaw charmpets, a useful skill forever.

At 50+ there are lots of Luclin zones to explore. Acrylia, Akheva, Grieg's, the Deep, Fungus, Ssra, Maiden's, Umbral, etc.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Phaeton and Smudge like this.
  7. RichardCox

RichardCox Active Member

Pick an XP route that you enjoy. Cherish the experience of reliving EQ in its grandest era. Pick the path you enjoyed on Live 'back in the day' or that you wish you'd tried.
    You'll never regret it, imho.

8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

If you are sticking to Luclin exclusively:

1-5 in Shadeweavers
    5-20 in Paludal (could go to 25 here) start on the Shadeweavers side of zone then work your way towards Shadow Haven side of zone, it scales from 5-20 as you go.
    20-25 in Netherbian (small dungeon with a few named, could skip if you like)
    25-30 in Echo Caverns
    30-45 in Dawnshroud (not a dungeon but not many 30-40 options in Luclin) -- 40-45 do Rockhoppers, sell Flawless/Superb/High/Med/Low Hides to players // Alternatively Grimling Forest in this range is fine too -- Save acrylia and sell the pieces to people and bricks to vendors
    45-50 in Acrylia Caverns -- Save acrylia and sell the pieces to people and the bricks to vendors.
    50-55 in Akheva Ruins / The Deep / Fungus Grove / Maiden's EYe -- Among these the Deep is the only dungeon with named to camp but it is also the hardest dungeon with most pulls being 2-3+ without splitting. Fungus Grove is a nice casual zone with random drops from trash that are nice to hit the 1% roll on. Akheva drops useful tradeskill stuff in chunks of shadow and meats/toes. Maiden's Eye is an outdoor zone if you prefer doing that. I would suggest the Deep personally as it feels most like a classic dungeon.
    55-60 in Ssraeshzan Temple / Umbral Plains -- The former is the highest dungeon save Vex Thal. The later is the best outdoor high level zone in Luclin.

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  9. steeds

steeds New Member

Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone. I've always stuck to classic zones, but when I stumbled on TAKP, it made me want to branch out, discover more about one of my favorite games. I don't plan to stick solely to Luclin, but I would like to explore it more than I did when it was released.

And thank you Pithy for the charming ideas (I'd love to earn some plat too). I did opt for exac/ports over rez, but that may change!