Necro DOT stacking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aades, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Aades

Aades New Member

Hi all, just a quick question here. If two necromancers are grouped, will their dots stack? I have conflicting info from unreliable sources.

2. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

I think this comes in during PoP. I'm sure someone that knows for sure will chime in though.

Aades likes this.
  3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

DoTs from different necromancer stacked on AK.

There was no issue with Necros each using a 6-7 DoT rotation on mobs.

Aades likes this.
  4. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Hmm maybe I'm misunderstanding his question. So is that the same for Druids? Two different Druids can stack winged death on a mob? If this is the case well then I get another wrinkle in the brain, I didn't think this happened until PoP.

Aades likes this.
  5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

This is not a progression server where we are going to change the spell stacking rules 12 times, before pop is ready.

Yes. Expansions are releases in order. But we are sticking mostly with pop era mechanics for the most part.

Loraen, Aades, Mambo and 3 others like this.
  6. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

If your dot is overwritten, you'll get a message. For example I know one of the necro dot/debuffs overwrites enchanter asphyxiate. If dots are just damage they will stack all day.

Aades likes this.
  7. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

The only potential issue I recall was the druid combined dot/debuff spells (immolation of ro, for example), that could be renewed / overwritten by another person. Just coordinate who will cast it...

Aades likes this.
  8. Dane

Dane People Like Me

I believe in EQlive, there's a debuff slot limit of 97. While I doubt that is an attainable number in this era, debuff management is a very real thing in current live EQ. Something that end game Necros bitch about often.

But straight DoTs should stack. DoTs with additional components tend not to stack (snare;debuff; ie).

Aades likes this.
  9. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Think it was changed a few times. It was 75 for a long period of time on live before it was changed. On AK I don't recall ever hitting the debuff limit with sometimes 3-4 Necros on a raid and a few Druids/shamans/enchanters.

Aades likes this.
  10. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Particularly with our raid size limit

Aades likes this.
  11. Aades

Aades New Member

Awesome, thanks all! We had some info from P99 (no stacking) and EQLive (stacking) and weren't sure which method AK had.

12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Well... Plane of Time was the only zone that capped you at 72 players. Because of its weird pseudo instanced nature.

While every raid is capped at 60 players, you could always form a second raid or have several groups out of raid reaching numbers upwards of 73+.

I think the highest attendance Temerity ever had was in the realm of 80-85 characters for a Rathe Council fight. Granted that included like 20 boxes.

13. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Wasn't Rathe unbeatable for a while too?

14. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Try to avoid that :p

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  15. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Depends on what you call unbeatable :p.

Afterlife beat the version you are referring to. Basically the Rathe Councilmen come in two flavors. 6 mezzable and 6 unmezzable. They have a max hit of 2800~ ish.

In the version Afterlife beat and the version Temerity first faced until the zone was updated by Hobart, the 6 unmezzable mobs whom you have to offtank the entire encounter until all 12 are low HP, ready to be killed, would hit their max hit the entire time. Just like the mezzables.

In the updated version, the one basically every other guild beat, the unmezzables "fleck" as their HP decreases. Which means at 75/50/25% HP they lose melee prowess and their max hit drops to around 850-900 I think? Allowing you to more easily offtank them.

Without that mechanic, you're expected to offtank 1-5 Rathe Councilmen who hit for 2800~ for around 30-60minutes. You needed a ridiculous number of clerics to maintain these CH chains. Or you had to get creative.

Mambo likes this.
  16. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I see! I'd long heard tales of the difficulty but did not know the specifics. That sounds miserable, to be honest.

17. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

I believe I changed the stacking code to allow detrimental effects to stack on NPCs a while back. So this should be AKcurate currently. Also, as mentioned above you will recieve a fade message when your debuff fades, so if that doesn't occur assume that you're stacking.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  18. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

There were a number of iterations of the Rathe council in between the version we initially had on AK and the version they eventually ended up settling on. Afterlife beat the second-to-final version, which was only live for a few days. It probably did fleck - old forum posts from the relevant period show FoH, AL, and TR members talking about the unmezzables becoming easier at low health - but not as low as the final version.

19. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Ah that makes more sense.

Was always a bit skeptical on offtanking 5 non-fleckers.

20. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

With our root-summon-kiting strategy, I think we *might* have managed it once with a great turnout (although, lord, so many opportunities for random instant domino collapses...) if the rooted councilmembers hadn't started randomly warping on top of people, heh.

No way in hell could we have backflagged it, though. In the most wildly optimistic scenario, we still needed 21 healers, and that's stretching it; 26-28 would have been more reasonable.

21. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Plus the whole "5 raid geared Ogre Warriors" thing...

22. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

26-28 clerics?

Shouldn't have booted Zamiel and Faite

necra likes this.