Naggy / Vox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nicolerm, Jul 14, 2021.

1. nicolerm

nicolerm New Member

Band of 3 adventurers with 6 characters at level 52 looking to get in on some Naggy/Vox action before moving on in levels. Assuming they are farmed/trioed here, what's the best way to go about this? Anyone willing to let us tag along?

2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

They are trioed and have been for the past 3 or 4 years on this server.

I haven’t killed them in a month or two, I’m not sure who is boxing them lately. Last I was killing there was also a member in Azure Guard who also was trioing them. There very well may be a new person farming them though.

Best bet is to ask around to see who is killing them to see if they want to share. It will be up to them whether or not they want to leave them up for you though.

3. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

I've always been curious how you trio them. Is it level 52's with raid gear? Or level 60's deleveled to 52? Both? Or can it just be done with level 52's with resist gear and level 60 buffs?

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

None of the characters I use for Nagafen/Vox have ever leveled beyond 52. The most any of them have is 2 AAs (Run2) on my warrior, most have 0-1 AA.

Nagafen I use War/Cler/Wiz. I clear the fire giants with level 60s up to the dragon skull, then use the wizard to aggro the 3 giants in lair and train them onto two of my 60s. Nagafen leashes to the lair so no real need to evac or split, but if they ever removed the leashing I could just abscond split the giants. 210ish MR is sufficient to be fear immune on warrior. Warrior has CT Shoulders/Ring9/Shrunken Goblin Skull for instant clickies. Wizard tends to use epic to block AE damage for a round or two before hidding and medding again while warrior builds more aggro. Cleric CHs behind a wall. I always pre-buff warrior with druid DS/Regen before the fight, generally he has Aego/Haste/GRM but sometimes I forget and just run with Heroism/Symbol/Eyepatch of Plunder/Blue Flower.

https://www.takproject.net/magelo/character.php?char=Dalbaen - Warrior
    https://www.takproject.net/magelo/character.php?char=Healier - Cleric
    https://www.takproject.net/magelo/character.php?char=Torrent - Wizard

Vox I used the above trio for a long time then I got annoyed having to run two different trios (60s and 52s) between Sol B and Permafrost, so I made another trio. Now I use SK/Cler/Ench. The enchanter isn't really necessary after this fix back in 2018. Back then should would regen enough mana to CH every 8 ticks or 46 seconds, so the enchanter was required to Mana Sieve every 40 seconds basically otherwise she was unkillable. Now a days if you have slow DPS she will just burn all her mana on nukes/dispells and not have enough to CH herself when low. I've just been too lazy to really replace the enchanter so there he sits.

Prior to leveling my 60 paladin I needed to split the lair which is why I went for an SK with FD, but now a days I just pull entire lair and paladin tanks all of it. Strategy basically same, Tank gets DSes and tanks, cleric CHs behind wall, enchanter uses sword pet and dispells a few times and sorta sits there. I got him epic so I dont have to run out my enchanter to Haste/GRM ever which is nice.

https://www.takproject.net/magelo/character.php?char=Dovahkiin - Shadowknight
    https://www.takproject.net/magelo/character.php?char=Justicar - Cleric
    https://www.takproject.net/magelo/character.php?char=Voxdrain - Enchanter

The gear on all the characters could be worse and has been in the past for successful kills. The biggest thing is making sure your tank exceeds the MR threshold for immunity on fear and having high DS on your tanks to slowly whittle down the dragons HP. Keep in mind Nagafen can have tash orbs which proc and lower your MR.

Looking at my logs, Nagafen tends to be about a 5-7minute fight, about a third of my damage comes from 42 point DS, a third from warrior melee and a third from wizard. Vox on the other hand tends to be a longer 7-10~ minute fight. Lately I have mixed in swapping the chanter for a 52 epic mage which does speed it up slightly, but if I don't have the mage there about half the damage is SK melee and half is SK damage shield.

5. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

That is a lot of MR on that SK and Warrior. Still, that isn't enough MR for me to not get feared. I can have 350 MR and dragon roar still fears me 1/10 of the time.

6. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Nag and Vox use 981, not 789.

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This.

Kunark dragon fears are much harder than classic or some Velious dragons to resist.

8. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Ok so Naggy/Vox Dragon Roar has no resist adjustment to it. Still, with my luck, 200MR will have me feared 1/10 of the time.

9. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Naggy / Vox are 55, right? A level 52 will resist dragon roar 100% of the time at 205 MR.

338 MR is the magic number for kunark dragons vs a level 60. If you're getting feared at 350 (and you're sure they didn't tash you or something) then that's a bug.

10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Your Naggy Vox number is right but your Kunark dragon number is wrong. 350 MR is required for fear immunity.

Walex likes this.
  11. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Is there a document showing the formulas for resists? Of course my actual MR was hyperbole but its still annoying when you get the 1% chance of being feared land two times a fight.

12. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

John Stark, Break and Walex like this.
  13. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Ahh yep my mistake, I had plugged in that they were level 55 but they are actually 60. All the same, if he's getting resists at 350 then something is wrong.

14. Break

Break People Like Me

That's so cool. Thanks for sharing your setup.

Now, I'm really sad that I never got around to attempting this on the warrior and cleric that I made on AK specifically to try Vox and Naggy. I thought I needed more in the way of saves.

His gear was pretty solid.

15. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Wow, thanks for the detailed reply!
    One of these days, I aspire to also do this. lol

16. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

You were technically correct for Faydedar. The best kind of correct.

Mokli and Walex like this.
  17. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

nice Bloodfrenzy on that level 51

18. Break

Break People Like Me

I think I looted it when he was level 4 or something ridiculous like that.

Look in his first bag. He had a couple other pretty nice weaps just sitting around.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  19. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

But then again, back then, Bloodfrenzy dropped all the time and regularly went to sub-51 Warrior alts.

20. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Bureaucrats unite

Break likes this.