Multi Questing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Theus, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

Are quests going to be MQable as they were on AK? I apologize if this question has already been answered. I did look the general forum and I did not see any threads with the title MQing in them.

2. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

I dont think our current quest code supports MQ, and my understanding is that it isnt a high priority. Even on PEQ:TGC you couldn't MQ. I believe it involves recoding a lot of the quests, which takes tons of time. Allowing MQ has both its benefits and negatives though. It was always nice to make sure nothing rotted, like Halls of Testing armor if that class wasn't there. On the other hand, people holding down camps just to MQ them for plat later. Better to let some of the devs chime in and explain in more detail I bet they have spent some time discussing this one.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MQ is not in yet.....we hope to put it in by the time epics become an issue.

4. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

That would be really cool, I am glad that idea is being entertained. I always liked the ability to MQ, it made sure nothing would rot. The only downside is people camping MQs just to resell. That is happening on P99 a lot right now. The average player can't make it to repop, or doesn't have the forces to engage. So they then have to pay through the teeth just to get an MQ.Though I guess that is classic.... Hopefully with the general maturity of EQmac players this sort of stuff won't happen with regularity.

5. abacab

abacab New Member

Selling Cleric Epic MQ, 65K

6. tolixs

tolixs New Member

Most of the time the npc in question also has additional loot, so it is not just the MQ piece they kill it for (although for some mobs that is obviously the priority). I believe the issue on p99 is exaggerated and most people either don't have the crew to take down the mobs or just work better in an instance-dungeon format. I doubt this would be an issue on alkabor.

As far as MQ'ing, I am glad to hear it might be in by the time epics roll around. I think ALOT of people would not be able to get their epics if mq'ing isn't available. Yes epics shouldn't be easy, and not EVERYONE should get them, but this is 2014, and people enjoy that nostalgia without having to devote a whole month to finishing one quest line! Also velious armor pieces I hope will be mq'ble, else there will be a ton of plate rotting while I try to farm that last chain piece that you see every 1/10000000 drops!