Monk epic questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burfoot, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Burfoot

Burfoot New Member

I've recently started on my monk's epic. I've read through several guides and found varying reports on a few of the early steps (not sure they are applicable to TAKP). Currently, I'm attempting to complete the headband quests and I'm a bit stuck on the South Karana item collection. Does anyone have insight on the spawn cycles of the High Shaman. Luckily, I was able to find High Shaman Phido relatively quickly, but after many hours, I've been unable to locate the others.

Another step in the epic where I've seen varying reports of "how to's" is the Chardok/Iksar Betrayer spawn. Any insights with how that works on takp?

Is there a guide you've found helpful and that matches the process on TAKP?

Thanks in advance for any tips :)

2. Culkasi

Culkasi Member

in Chardok, the Iksar Betrayer is the pup next to the bridge (fixed spawn).
    In Karnors, its the Drolvarg Pawbuster, PH is the third Drolvarg from the left as you come into the room

as for South Karana, it seems to just be a really tough nut to crack - I've had a hard time finding good information about it at least

3. Burfoot

Burfoot New Member

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried for the pipe from Chardok again, but that is great information to know for when I do. I was able to get Pawbuster (twice actually) while doing xp in Karnors.

And for the sake of information sharing, I've figured out (or at least have a pretty good idea) about the SK spawns. After tons of reading and compiling that information together to understand how it might work on TAKP, I cracked the nut.

Here's what worked for me -- I haven't attempted to reproduce it but I feel pretty confident in this strategy.

For any future monks working on their epic and get to the red headband part, try this method:

You'll need to collect items from High Shaman Phido, High Shaman Grisok and Ghanex Drah. To do this...

1. Head to South Karana and start in the NW section of the zone near the undead camp just south of the bridge.
    2. I was unable to determine precisely what spawns/ph trigger Shaman Lenrel to spawn but indiscriminately killing everything (elephant calf, centaur foals/archers/sheltie/etc, mist wolf, an escaped Splitpaw Gnoll, an elephant, lion etc) pretty quickly yielded a Shaman Lenrel spawn. This is the key to starting the cycle. Shaman Lenrel spawned in the NW corner of the zone, not far from where I was killing all of the aforementioned npc's.
    3. Kill Shaman Lenrel and then immediately look on tracking for High Shaman Phido. I've seen him twice at this exact location:
    neg 4800, 2031 (directly south of the NW corner, west of Splitpaw).
    4. Next look for Shaman Ren'Rex on tracking. He spawned at neg 3285, neg 600 for me (central part of the zone, east of Splitpaw)
    5. After killing Shaman Ren'Rex, immediately check tracking for High Shaman Grisok. He spawns in the SE part of the zone. His location was neg 6469, neg 261 (northeast of the aviak village).

That's all. Probably took me a total of 15-20 minutes once I started to figure out the cycle. Many hours were invested prior to that though :)

In short, the cycle is Shaman Lenrel --> High Shaman Phido --> Shaman Ren'Rex --> High Shaman Grisok. And it progresses from the NW side of the zone to the SE side.