Misc feedback requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I'm sure someone has logs of the bertoxx fight (my logs might even have this) - thats a good place to start.

2. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Ok so I've been scrutinizing every single line of text in the two Ring of Fire logs I have, and it's clear to me that AK's version of the event is not the event described in old posts/allakhazam. Not only that, but there are random components to it. This makes recreating it difficult to say the least.

I need more logs/information or this event will be very inaccurate as I'll have to make big guesses as to how it functions. If anybody knows anybody with information or logs of this event, I want you to go harass, bribe or blackmail them for it. RoF and the Grimling wars are the two events that we are in dire need of more data on. If you're not submitting logs because you cyber your elf sim girlfriends, then just snip out the RoF and Grimling war parts and send me those. I don't read chat in these logs though; believe me when I say I have much better things to do. (use the chat text remover in my sig)

Probably the most important data I need are the possible drops. If the event changed so much, then it's very possible that drops were removed/changed. Any verification of dropped items is very helpful. Even if you weren't there, you may still be able to verify drops somehow. If you WERE there, then just send me a brain dump of every scrap of info you have. (please)

Quirk, lurari, Lenas and 1 other person like this.
  3. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Thanks, Torven, for doing so much legwork.

The Ring of Vulak event is incredibly well-scripted and possibly flawlessly AKurate.

Sadly I can't be of any help on this one, but for anyone on the fence: this event's AKuracy hinges on the data Torven has access to. If the community can get him enough logs, Torven has proven he can recreate the event to near perfection. Content can only be AKurate if the devs know what AK was like; please share what you can to help make TAKP the wonderful place that it is.

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Who already gave you logs?

I unfortunately never did the AC events so I don't have any. I know Layonhands did a few of them near the sunset time.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Not logs but a Cromis post:

6. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The logs I have are of a June 11th 2007 attempt from both Styx and Zorblak's perspectives, and a December 3rd 2005 attempt logged by Zorblak. Ravenwing gave me those.

I did notice the alternating spawn timers (which have a small random component) of 70-80 seconds and 90-100 seconds. Boss spawns appear to be random however and not 20 minutes apart. Both logs first spawned a harder boss around the 43 minute mark; before then they were the easier bosses. This could be a coincidence due to the random occurrence of spawns.

Layonhands hates my guts so I doubt that he would be cooperative. One of you might try a bribe.

A lot of old posts suggest that bosses have an order, e.g. '4th boss' '5th boss' but I see no evidence of any order and in fact one log has an Underking at 43 minutes before any War* boss. Unfortunately they wiped on it and I have no idea what that NPC drops as I can find no information online about it. I even found reference to an 'Overking'; god knows if that even existed.

To make matters more confusing, I see a Warmonger and Warmaster being stunned by color stuns, suggesting a level of 55 or under, but comments (written late Luclin era even) say that they were red cons. Makes me wonder if there were two versions. I even found a dev quote about the event saying things that don't align with what I see in here.

Thanks for the praise, Lurari

7. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

You're sure the stuns are actually stunning, not just producing success messages? Stuns do land on 55+ (and stun-immune) mobs, they just don't stun them.

[Wed Feb 1 21:35:24 2012] You begin casting Color Shift.
    [Wed Feb 1 21:35:25 2012] Your target is immune to the stun portion of this effect.
    [Wed Feb 1 21:35:25 2012] A Rathe Councilman is stunned by scintillating colors.

8. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

I did attend a few of Gnostica's RoF's (I miss him, always attended his RoF / Grimling/ IA stuff when possible), but can't verify much of anything, and I suppose those RoF logs were in my first AK mac (lost forever), and not in the 2nd mac's logs that I gave to Torven.

9. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Yeah, you're right:
    [Sat Dec 3 00:08:43 2005] A Possessed Warmaster is stunned by scintillating colors.
    [Sat Dec 3 00:08:43 2005] A Possessed Warmaster was pierced by thorns.

I had thought that third persons didn't see the stunned message.

On that note: does anybody recall if any of the trash spawns ever became stun immune after some time? I saw an old post mention that, but they were still casting stuns 70 minutes in

10. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Your logs were/are very helpful Fanglore, but they didn't include your RoF attendances

11. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

LoH and Dorsia ran RoF together enough to see every drop - I don't know if they kept logs or not.

12. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Those who know me know I don't blow smoke. Recreating these encounters probably takes you more time and attention to detail than the original dev team did in making them so many years ago. Going from logs to faithful content recreation is crazy - some people might be on the fence because the logs don't help or it's never going to be the same, but the proof is in the pudding.

The content recreation here is absurd levels of AKurate, but it's only possible when people have their old logs and share them with the community. I hope people aren't holding stripped logs of this stuff back.

13. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

Sending in what I have for the grimling war, I doubt I have any data for Inner AC/ Ring of Fire (RIP old mac hardware). Where's Gnostica??

lurari likes this.
  14. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Meaning they verified whatever was on Allakhazam or elsewhere? Or they ran it often enough for you to feel relatively sure that they saw all drops possible?

Edit: I should go through my 1st mac's SS's (I did save those!!) and see if there's anything to be gleaned from there (lootwise and such)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    lurari likes this.
  15. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

you've probably already noticed some of the posts by gnostica on allakhazams, but just in case not. I went digging around on them a while back and he talks about items dropping that aren't even listed on lucy. I think I started with this page that got me going down that rabbit hole : http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1569

for instance, here's one where he lists an item not in lucy : http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=11630&mid=1383481217105862240#m1383481217105862240

I can keep digging around more too, if you want. Looks like another arch mage drop : http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=20253

Jugo! likes this.
  16. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Yeah, I remember those now, as well. Good job researchin!

Edit: Also remember now I actually tried to find all of Gnostica's post on Alla, but Alla has such a shitty look-up system I gave up. IIRC when I tried, it only found the most recent posts by said poster. He's got 250+ posts on Alla, and whenever I found one, it was typically about AK-specific stuff. Nowdays Alla has so many ads it doesnt work nicely with my adblocker.

17. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I'm aware of his posts. I'm relying on those as the next best source of information after the two logs I have.

The query "site:allakhazam.com Gnostica" in google will bring up his posts.

Jugo! and Elroz like this.
  18. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Verified and went far beyond.

19. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Nice trick, Torven! Bookmarked that.

20. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I hope one of you has influence with them, because they may be the only way to make this event anywhere near accurate. I don't even have a complete drop list as of now.

21. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

They tight with rob or CD from PEQ?

22. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Faults is tight with them

23. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Extremely doubt it

24. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Maybe LoH like tangentially through imaa or Huff - but I don't know much about Dorsia at all.

25. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Dorsia was only in Temerity for about five minutes, but I'll ask on our boards in case anyone knows how to get in touch with her.

I think Layonhands was pretty active in Destiny for a while. Might be worth checking in over there as well.

26. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

faults did haxs in VT with loh~

27. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Screenshots of the event are also valuable to me btw

28. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I've been going through logs of Shei Vinitras kills tonight to write down notes on the number of drops and noticed that many kills seemed to either have the players at the event completely ignore the spells by not looting or even mentioning them, or no spells dropped at all. Problem is I can't be sure which is true. Seems strange to me that level 60 Luclin spells would be ignored way back in 2006.

Can anybody verify if Shei or other Luclin bosses could possibly not drop any spells? I think Live's Shei was changed to drop more of them so I don't want to rely on Live.

29. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I can't say for sure that Luclin bosses like Shei always dropped spells, but I think they probably did. Either way, it doesn't surprise me at all that people are ignoring them in 2006. Just looking at a random page of 100 raids from 2004, it's got about 60 Luclin bosses (most of them in Ssra) recorded in the space of a month. By the end of 2005, LIS had died 30 times, Aten Ha Ra 8 times, and ancient spells were rotting more often than not.

30. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Yeah, I agree that the year is irrelevant then. AK had a tiny economy as well, so there wasn't a desire to sell spells for guild banks either I would think; particularly before free-to-play and the PC client.

The reason I asked in the first place is because Velious bosses did not always drop spells, plus Utdaan is looting all the trash mobs in these, so it seems a bit odd that everything except the spells would be looted. More than half of the kills have no spells looted. It's difficult to impossible for me to verify if bosses could not drop spells even from old screenshots as they could have been looted before the screenshot was taken. Frustrating.