Misc feedback requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

They would get tossed, in fact. They just wouldn't get silenced. There's no way to hide from the fling in VT.

2. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Concur.

Sorry Torven, I misread what u were asking, didn't know u were seeking beneficial procs. Interesting.

3. Suriinya

Suriinya Well-Known Member

Funny that my cleric was in heal chain for AHR several times, set up exactly like Elrontaur mentioned, and never once got tossed. Perhaps you are thinking of the blobs?

Elrontaur likes this.
  4. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Nah, it was possible to cram clerics together using invis horses and they wouldn't get tossed.

Elrontaur likes this.
  5. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I have an odd one this time: do any druids recall any unusual aggro behavior with the level 49 druid spells Ice and Fire?

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

So I recall Improved Damage Focii doesn't work on either of those spells because they aren't technically direct damage. They both have durations for the Resist component.

As far as the aggro goes, I can't recall them being higher than usual aggro. Though basically no one Cast Fire because it was useless. Our Magic AE Nukes were far superior.

7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I'm wondering if they do less than typical hate actually.

edit: also, can they crit?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Mmm unsure. I know later EQ Druids get a Nature's Wrath line of Fire DoTs that had an immediate DD component and then 3 Ticks of a DoT. This line could never critical because it was a DD bundled with a DoT.

I could test Ice/Fire crits on Live tonight if you want. But I am doubtful I have logs of them being cast on AK after I got Critical AAs.

9. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I already tested spells with that SE number on Live. (The "Decrease HP when cast by X" SE) Druid roots (which have the same SE) crit on Live, but I noticed that druid roots on AK didn't seem to crit, so Sony changed that SE behavior over the years.

I have a theory about spell hate for spells with that SE number, but I can't prove or disprove it with AK down or some solid recollections about obscure spells. Frustrating.

The theory is that that spell effect did tiny amounts of hate in old EQ and that the hate was added when they removed hate from disease/poison counters and that's why Manaburn does nearly zero hate. They might have used that SE for when they didn't want hate from damage/heals in spells, like when it's used in buffs.

10. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

No clear memory here, they landed so poorly I stopped casting them in favor of other spells.

11. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Anybody remember which skills required buying a point at a trainer to raise, and which did not?

12. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I think that skills that become available after level 1 require a point spent with a GM, and skills available from level 1 do not.

Edit: though I should probably add that I'm less than certain about this.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  13. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Taunt required a point.
    Other than that skills at level 1 are unlocked, the rest require a point in trainer. Which ofc leads to rangers and such needing to unlock casting skills and pure casters not needing to do the same.

14. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Huh, so it did:

May 2003:
    • Taunt no longer requires training - Similarly, Taunt now works without being trained. Characters still start out with a skill of 0, but the skill can increase with use.

15. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Chiming in to agree with this.

Nothing auto-unlocked on AK, but level 1 skills worked just fine except taunt - it was always funny when a new characer would reach level 40 and wonder why the taunt skill never worked and remained at 0 skill despite countless button mashes.

The general logic was you had to get training from your class master before you could do anything new.

16. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

did Sense Heading require a point?

17. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

No, I'm pretty certain I never had to train sense heading.

lurari likes this.
  18. lurari

lurari People Like Me

The first point in sense heading was slow, just as it is here. It seems to skill up faster as you level it.

19. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Sense heading was always slow but tbh i just bind it to my right key and fuggitaboutit.

20. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

what's sense heading? I thought the compass had a feature of always spinning?

21. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Should pets be able to hit Seru and Emperor? I can't find any in logs.

22. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I never remember them able to. They would typically be given weapons that proc, or proc buffs like bst pets have.

23. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I never tested it myself, but that's what I was told as well.

24. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

On EQLive progression servers, pets were able to hit Seru and Emperor.

example: lots of pets for Inquisitor were used here, skip to 4min 10sec when he spawns

also here:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=7231#m125956360625423557

"As with all melee immune / bane mobs, pets can do melee damage without bane weapons."

Posts from 2004 here:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=14051#m108806658930068

Last I heard, pets were still exempt from bane-only mobs. They hit them just fine.
    As of April 2007, pets still hit the Emperor in SSRA.
    I don't know about other bane mobs.

I heard a couple of people argue that the pets did more damage and missed less if they had shissar bane weapons, but I don't know if that is true. All I had was an audio trigger set to go off if anyone wasn't able to hit at all.

Confirmed that pets still hit Seru at least, however with luclin AC they are unlikely to hit hard and will miss often.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  25. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Lol I was there.

showstring likes this.
  26. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I've seen the comments about pets working on Live servers, but I'd prefer to get confirmation that it was possible on AK before I enable it. Not seeing a single pet in logs is kind of weird if they were able to hit.

27. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I don't recall using pets on AK vs. LIS or Emp. Balancing push was an issue on LIS though, so that could've been part of it. For Emp, I was usually buried in the CC cubby, so I could just have missed 'em. Maybe an AK petmaster like Bum or Sycamore or Starsha or Tigree or Cadsuane would know...

28. Tigree

Tigree New Member

I don't recall not being able to use pets on Emp. I do know for sure I utilized used pets on Seru.

29. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I recall pets going in once it was positioned for emp. I don't recall lis but maybe cuz ae just fried em?

30. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I don't recall pets being used (bear in mind this is from PC live back during era) during the Emp fights I was there for, but I would imagine that even if they couldn't hit via melee, procs would still land. So even if they were used and they couldn't hit, people may have still been using them for every ounce of dps from effects or positioning reasons.