Misc feedback requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I believe she was yes? I’m pretty sure we mostly killed her in her room but I think once or twice she may have ended up in the port room after taking a bit to path through the doorway? But it’s possible I’m mixing up Live and AK here.

2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I agree with Darchon, although I guess it's possible I'm confusing her with VXAHR. As was often the case on AK, I think they'd get stuck in the doorways for a few seconds and then warp directly on top of their targets.

3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Although with the current archery situation, and the silence, I don’t really see any value in pulling her to the port up room.

4. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

She was. We killed her there a couple times in the corner opposite where we currently put our clerics in.

I don't remember why we did it, i think just as a proof of concept?

5. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Happened to destiny a couple times from overaggro on slowers running away - like my shaman.

6. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I plan on changing some rampage ranges on some Luclin bosses next patch based on comments I find in logs. If anybody has any anecdotes regarding this, now's a good time to mention them.

7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Could this be elaborated on, please

8. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Uh probably not without revealing geometry exploits - ill PM you on discord.

9. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for offering this info to one of the devs. But if it was known it should have been reported in exploits section if it hasn't prior.
    Please immediately report exploits to that section as they are discovered.

Mokli likes this.
  10. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I "discovered" it in 2003. I can't actually test it because the dev server won't let me - and I don't think reproducing geometry exploits on our live-side seems like a good idea. I can sort of lead you to the water - but I can't guarantee a drink. I'd be happy to reveal all my dark secrets??? as they are.

VT is full of geometric issues though

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  11. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

lulzburned

12. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

The exploit the Faults is talking about is not a method that has been used - so far - on this server. There has been nothing to report and there has been no way to test the feasibility of the exploit on a dev server that has expansions disabled. Can't report exploits you can't test or confirm.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Faults likes this.
  13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I tested the VT roof play on Phinigel the other day. I dropped onto the roof, tried to pet pull a Blob2 out onto the room from just behind the wall. After about 1 minute it warped out on top of me, then about 3 rounds later I got Death touched by a warder. It felt like divine justice.

I also tested dropping into the room near the Blob2s and this time the warders banished me to the room just prior to Blob1 where 8 trash mobs were waiting for me.

It’s good to know they finally fixed their broken VT warders after about 10 years of them doing nothing.

14. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

I was not trying to start a "I can't test" battle of words. I am pretty sure if a major exploit is a potential that rob would enable the scenario on the dev server IF it is posted in exploits and the needed conditions were detailed. Inability to test is no excuse for a flame war. Work with us a little better than that. We are on the same team.

Mechaike and Mokli like this.
  15. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I am working with you. I gave torven most of my knowledge on this pretty much exactly when he asked.

Lenas likes this.
  16. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Does anybody recall the behavior of NPCs warping home instead of walking when deaggroed if the NPC had been aggro for a long period of time?

17. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

i seem to remember mobs when leashed, in OT that they would actually run in all sort of directions like Fear

Ransom likes this.
  18. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Yes, we have that behavior in. That is caused by the mobs still having the player hated, keeping it in run mode, but the mob stops chasing because the player left ignore range. Outdoor NPCs typically move to some random location in a box region, so that's why it looks random like fear.

19. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I’ve experienced the instant warp home that you refer to on Live servers. Also if they were snared they would try to warp home and get stuck on geometry. As if they tried to instantly jump from their current position in a straight line to their home point, they’d end up in walls and trees and stuff in this case.

However I don’t ever recall a mob instantly resetting to its home point on AK. That seemed to be a later live change. I did quite a bit of random mob pulling and long kites on AK in many different zones. I think I’d remember this behavior being on AK though it has been 5 years at this point.

On thinking back... maybe this occurred with Jopals brought to F2/C2 though? I’m not sure, usually I’d wipe and they’d be gone but they may have pathed home quickly. Perhaps Ravenwing or Pithy remember more about charming Jopals beyond the charm birds going home or swordfish at depth 3?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  20. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I've seen it happen, but not with any consistently. Certainly it wasn't something you'd expect to see if someone had been kiting or whittling down a mob for a long time; it was just an oddity that occurred once in a while.

The place I remember seeing it most frequently was with the Rathe Councilmen. Blurring one in the cubby across the water would often send it home instantly upon mez breaking; I always blamed pathing, though, not the length of time the NPC was aggro. (And yes, Darch, if they were snared, they tended to warp up onto the stage in the middle of the island but not all the way home.)

Could be I was wrong to blame pathing, but if so, there must have been other necessary preconditions, aside from the length of time the NPC was aggro, to account for the irregularity of the phenomenon. For one thing, I'm pretty sure I never saw an NPC with a loiter timer warp anywhere upon losing aggro.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  21. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Did the warder NPCs function during the Ring of Fear event in CT on AK?

thucydides likes this.
  22. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Did they cast banish to feerrott? I'm kind of remembering them working on our early tries. Was pre-PoP though.

23. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Is anybody familiar with CT drops? Tae Ew Blood Vials are common as dirt on Live but I can't find a single loot of this in my AK and 2002 era logs from 1300+ loot events. Nor can I find any in Bazaar logs or WTS chat of this. (I did find some guy WTBing it for months) These happen to be the sole bottlekneck item to make the crafted weapons which are very good for droppable weapons and comparable to the rare zone drops. I can't find any logs with these weapons in them.

Allakhazam seems to have comments about these vials and crafted stuff starting in the early 2003 time frame, so I wonder if Sony added these all after our time. I did find a single Nov 26 2002 comment asking where vials drop (the oldest comment), then nothing until Jan 2003. The old comment had the name not quite right, though.

It seems monumentally stupid to allow these weapons to be so mass produced with drops from the weakest mobs in the zone when they make weapons better than rare drops in the zone, but Sony always was incompetent.

24. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

So Faite made the tae eew hide sack and he had to farm in CT for months ( a month? it was part of his bag obsession which he finished and posted on eqmac forums) but the bottleneck was the hide as far as I recall and Not the blood vial. I do believe the blood is common and it is the scales and hides that are rare. The blood temper itself is not easy to make (requiring 3 other bloods that arent the most common drops either).

But if someone can find Faite's logs of this that would be the most reliable - i only farmed CT for a few weeks on AK and never got the flawless hide I wanted.

25. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Remember, that stuff is req 51, and is a notch below ST loot, ratio wise. Also, each sheet requires 2 scales which were rare. So I'd be fairly surprised if more than 5 of any of those were actually crafted on AK. All anecdotal, though, of course.

26. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I agree with faults' info. I farmed the brown lizards hard during PoP til I had quite a few bags made, bloods weren't rare but the hides and scales were. I'd guess 1 or 2% drop rate on hides/scales and maybe a bit higher chance on blood (5%?), but iirc blood dropped from green lizards too, not just browns like hides did, so there was always bloods around.

Also this is saying a lot, I think I farmed the lizards / 4 amy spawn more than any other camp in my life. Chain killing brown lizards I'd get 2 or 3 hides in an 8 hour session, sometimes only 1. But I was farming horror construct spawners, brown lizard named, and enraged amy, so the hides weren't my sole focus.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  27. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Agreed that all the components for the CT TS items did drop, and agreed that they were pretty rare. People camped them to Tae Ew Hide Sacks, but that's probably it.

28. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I found old eqtraders threads that mentioned the blood drop rate was increased. No specifics given, but seems to have been mere weeks after AK's fork.

I see Faite in logs talking about his bag being the only one on the server. I have a log of a looted flawless hide and another with a pristine scale but zero blood vials. There are many hundreds of lizard kills in here.

29. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Faite's bag was not the only one on the server. That's just how Faite talked: in lies and hyperboles.

I had one, Zygor had one or two, I'm sure there were several others out there. Here's a log of one dropping:

[Fri May 8 23:14:36 2009] Zetro tells the group, 'Now Rys, this Tae Ew Blood Vial is not the same as the TS blood, right?'
    [Fri May 8 23:15:25 2009] Rysia tells the group, 'might be, been ages since i looked it up'
    [Fri May 8 23:15:34 2009] Zetro tells the group, 'I only got the blood once. I don't remember the word vial in it'
    [Fri May 8 23:15:40 2009] Delorne tells the group, 'Checking EQTC now, it looks like it's used in a lot of stuff'

It really was quite rare, though. I spent a lot of time camping multiple rare drops in CT and probably only saw one or two drop.

Bum likes this.
  30. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

[Fri Jan 11 13:54:04 2013] Orage tells alliance:1, 'supposedly only browns can drop them on our server, just don't no if limited to archon or arbitor areas'

Can anybody verify or refute this claim?