memorandum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elessin, Dec 26, 2020.

1. elessin

elessin New Member

how many turn ins did it take you to get the brick? im not normally one to complain, but im about 50 hours in right now with 24 memos looted. i understand rng will rng but i feel like for 50 hours spent i should have more to show for it then malachites and lapis lazuli's.

2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Just be happy a brick actually exists. When I did mine for zyzzix it took 62 memo's. And I averaged 2 an hour at least.

3. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Yeah, the memo event can be a bit demoralizing as the brick rate is low and, unlike the weapon event, there aren't many interesting consolation prizes. I look at memos as a very gentle nudge to camp something that I vaguely wanted to camp anyway, like Kromrif heads and toes for shawl quests, velium for tradeskills, or Lute of the Howler for bard pals. Then memos become a fun bonus to an existing grind, rather than a new grind themselves. YMMV, though :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Sketchy likes this.
  4. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

The memo drop rate is significantly lower this year than it was last year. I would estimate 50% to 66% lower.

Last year I turned in probably 90 memos before getting my first brick. I got a second brick after single digit memos. Other people have had similar luck on both ends, I think Yarnee turned in 150 memos last year with no brick. Others got it on the first turn in. Hard to guess what the brick turnin rate is there, but probably low single digits (1-5%).

5. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

i got a brick last year after somewhere between 100-150

Wellmine likes this.
  6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Best time to xp at busy camps is during anniversary events. No competition.

7. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Is there a list of the various event quests anywhere?