Magic Resist + Fire Resist Items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lyrad, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Lyrad

Lyrad Member

List them!

As I only ever played on Al'Kabor, I am not very familiar with classic items with good values in these resist areas since we farmed all the expansions up to PoP for Naggy/Vox.

Also is it correct that FBSS is the best Haste item available?

2. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Yes, one of the most interesting aspects of limiting this to classic is learning a whole new set of gear. I have found the P99 Wiki to be of great service in discovering classic items.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide - as a general overview

FBSS - 21% - going to be one of the more common ones on the server
    Mithril Two-Handed Sword - 31% - 2hs weapon, so only on the weapon, limited usefulness, but should be pretty accessible due to The Froglok King being camped for his helm
    Sporali Defenders Glove - 9% - Runneye, this will be one of the first people get, if they even bother. I do know some people are running around with them since our revamped Runneye has a lot of other nice items. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6019
    Swirlspine Belt - 16% from the Swirlspine Guardians in Kedge - not sure how common these are
    And then of course, RBB and CoF from the dragons, everyone knows about these.
    PoSky has 16% haste belts for the melees that aren't too bad to get. They are used in 41% haste belts that require quite a bit more adventuring in sky though, so end game only.

And that is pretty much it for item haste in the classic era. Hopefully someone can add a few more that I have missed.

P99 has a similar page for resists http://wiki.project1999.com/Resist_Gear. Bah way too many to talk about the different items. Lots of fun classic items in there though.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Swirlspine is a single rare spawn

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Magic:

All:

Crown of King Tranix - 20 MR Head
    Golden Wolf's Eye Bracelet - 7 MR Wrists
    Platinum Jacinth Rings - 13 MR Rings
    Platinum Wolf's Eye Necklace - 9 MR
    Golden Diamond Mask - 10 CR/FR, 3 MR

Melee:

Runed Bone Fork (ranged) - 10 MR/CR/FR
    Mithril Greaves - 5 MR
    Mithril Vambraces - 5 MR
    Bloodstained Mantle (shoulder) - 10 MR
    Skull Shaped Barbeute (head) - 10 MR
    Created Mistmoore Shield - 10 MR/DR/PR
    Dwarven Ringmail Tunic - 8 MR/CR/FR

Caster:

Glowing Black Stone (pri/Sec) - 10 MR
    White Gold Necklace - 7 MR/FR/CR
    Hollowed Bone Bracers (arms) - 7 MR

Casters tended to draw the short straw on this kind of stuff. But expect Naggy/Vox to be difficult to resist much during this period. The gear of the day and resist rates were tuned to a 255 cap. Luclin increased that to a 500 cap and everything was changed to scale based off that new cap. Making the 130 MR out of 255 become far less impressive when it's 130 out of 500.

So brave yourselves for lots of AEs. Generally speaking MR was favored over FR/CR due to the fact that when you're feared you're completelt useless. But if you just took and AE DD you can heal yourself or duck around a corner to wait for a heal.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

You're thinking of Fellspine from Sirens Grotto with the 34% haste belt.

Swirlspine Guardians spawn in Kedge Keep after a Swirlspine Seahorse is killed. There are 4 seahorses that defend the star above Phinigel. The Guardians spawn down in Phinigel's lair when the Seahorses die.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok....so multiple ph's around the zone then.

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Fellspine had a single PHer I thought in the version of SG we had but I'm not positive. But that's Velious.

Also the PoSky belts were 16% haste for hybrids and 21% for melee. Atleast the dropped ones. The quested ones were 41%.