Mage Focus Items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mukk, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

The loot tables for "a magician" on Alla Clone shows two different mobs where only one drops the mage focus items (a shovel, a broom, a stein, a torch), and torn pages of mastery air/earth/fire/water.

Does anyone know if it is just particular magician spawns, like the ones in Ekeros' room, or the "Magician's Lair" that drop them? Or can they spawn where any magician would spawn in the zone? Or is it just the magicians that spawn in place of the nameds?

I got a shovel from one of the mages in Ekeros' room today, but I don't know if it was the placeholder for Ekeros, or one of the other two spawns in the room.

2. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

I got all of (a shovel, a broom, a stein, a torch) from normal magician mobs, several times.

3. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

ive also farmed all the focus items before pretty sure they drop off the magician mobs. what i usually do is run around till i fall through the floor into that jail cell, then kill the ogre guy with the key open the jail cell then theres 2 rooms full of like 7-8 magicians and one of them usually spawn with a focus item thing.

4. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

I spent the better part of Sunday in the zone killing magicians. Didn’t get anything, but someone else was killing goblins and a torn page of mastery earth dropped, and a torn page of mastery wind dropped from an injured halfling in the jail cell. According to Alla Clone the mage quest items can also drop from an injured halfling, Linara Parlone, Ekeros, Rathyl and a goblin magician. That’s when I noticed there are two different magician mobs with different loot tables.

5. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/npc.php?id=44089

seems there are 2 types of magicians in najena, im really not sure, when i did my mages epic i just killed magicians and got the items, as i said theres like 8 of them near the jail cell, i had a rogue to open the door theyre behind. i can confirm that those ones drop the focus items

6. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

It's rare, you have to keep killing. It can take 6-10 hours of killing all the magician mobs and darkboned skeletons (around 18-20ish mobs total each respawn cycle) to get the required pages.

7. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

So as far as we know, the magicians with the loot tables that include the focus quest items and torn pages of mastery can spawn anywhere a magician spawns in the zone? So best strategy is to kill them all? And I did not realize the darkboned skeletons also had the mage quest items on their loot table. Thanks for that tip!

8. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

I completed all 4 quests for my focus items last night.

Some handy info here for others who may do this.

Ocean of Tears is the best place to go for mermaid scales and the various toes. There are 3 alluring mermaid spawns on the rocks that the boat from Freeport goes between, that are low level (lvl 12'ish) and easy to kill. Gornit is a named giant on seafury cyclops island, is lower level than the other cyclops roaming the islands, and can drop all the various types of giant toes. This was much easier than trying to get to fire giants in Naggy's zone imo.

9. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Oh! I should also add, that all you mages, while you're in Ocean of Tears, should also kill a goblin headmaster on the island immediately south of where the boat stops first from Freeport. He spawns in front of a tent, with an isle goblin headhunter, and drops a rune of clay that you need for the Clay Bracelet quest, also in Temple of Solusek Ro. (clicky from inventory Eye of Zomm)
    The other 3 runes of clay you need drop from Sindlegrob, Findlegrob and Bindlegrob in Rathe Mountains, which you can get while getting your hill giant and cyclops toes.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Ransom likes this.