Mage focus clickies clickable by all

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mokli, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I was looking for clickies to add to the clickie wiki page and I noticed on the p99 site (I know its not a reliable source, but curious where they could have gotten this info) that the Mage focus clickies with Reclaim Energy are clickable by all from inventory, however on TAKP they are not. I did the Torch of Alna quest on my Druid to make sure.

Does anyone recall or have evidence that these were clickable (or not) by other classes from inventory on AK? I can't seem to find info online mentioning one way or another.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  2. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

After watching some p99 streamers on twitch use a mage focus item from inventory as other classes, I did the quest for one on my enchanter...I think it was the stein? and can confirm that it is not clickable by an enchanter.

3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Shovel is the only one clickable by all on TAKP.

It is sort of useful for Enchanter, Shaman, SK and Druid who have pets. But really not that useful for the later 2.

The reclaim clicky will not work on swarm pets from Cleric or Wizard and on Wizard familiar due to the exploit potential with a few clicky items.

Break likes this.
  4. S9Forever

S9Forever Member

I picked the shovel for my necro to “bury” my skellie. Didn’t realize only the shovel worked….

Ransom likes this.
  5. forgone

forgone New Member

I use the Shovel of Ponz on my Necro and it is super handy. Also my buddy likes the same item for his Beastlord.

6. Indi

Indi Well-Known Member

Just curious, why not on the Wizard Familiar? Since we stop at PoP, as far as I know there is no insta cast or right click familiar item, and the spell costs a bunch of mana, and the AA improved familiar and Allegiant Familiars have recast timers preventing any chain reclaiming from being able to happen. Same could be said for the Wizard flaming sword of xuzl spell.

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

For familiars, the Greater Familiar would generate about 500 mana per. Familiars respawn every time you zone, so if you’re at a zoneline or if you cast Abscond to force a zone you can generate 500 mana every time you do that.

For the Flaming Sword of Xuzl the primary concern is the Amulet of Xuzl. You can click it every 10 seconds and instantly reclaim the pet. This would result in about 150-200 mana per click. That is around 90-120 mana per tick. Basically doubling the mana per tick you get with max meditate (21), 15 FT, KEI (14), Glades (6), SP (7), Lcea (18). It’s a stupidly overpowered method of regaining mana.

If we want to get even more stupidly overpowered, come PoP there are the ornate cleric legs. The Greaves of Vengeful Fury cast Unswerving Hammer in 4 seconds. Basically doing the above mana return 2.5 x faster. I tested this on the dev server and was able to bring a cleric with max PoTime gear from OOM to full mana in around 2.5-3minutes without any buffs on.

That is why it got the mana return values removed in this patch.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    showstring likes this.
  8. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Why did this have to be nerfed overpower game breaking stuff is way to go

9. Break

Break People Like Me

I still maintain that patch was untrue to AK, as I reclaimed mage swarm pets on the regular engaged or not.

10. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

0.1 sec rune, druid ds, shakerpage, mental corruption, caller event. Remind me what i forgot

11. Indi

Indi Well-Known Member

Thank you for the explanation. I had wrongly assumed that reclaiming a familiar would remove the buff icon as well, preventing another familiar from appearing until one is recast. If that is not the case and it only makes the visual familiar depart but buff icon remain then I see your point.

12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Being able to double your mana gain by using 2 clickies is pretty game breaking in the wizard case. You basically quadruple it in the cleric’s case and that’s assuming fully raid buffed mana Regen. It would also devalue Mana Robe on a wizard if allowed.

But yea the Shovel is useful for a Necro/Beast/Shaman, maybe an Enchanter. Druid and SK could technically use them but it’s not worth it. Not really useful for anyone else.

For magician swarms I did find this quote:

I am guessing the reclaim logic just looked for the newest pet entity and reclaimed it based on the base pets mana cost which sort of makes sense. For Necromancer this is a pretty irrelevant amount of mana. For magician Servant of Ro, also pretty irrelevant amount of mana.

However shaman Spirit Call and magician host of elements each summon like 5-9 pets and if you’re reclaiming each of those pets at 70% mana of your base pet we are talking 4000-5000 mana in some cases. Those are pretty game breaking as well. Turning those swarms into a Gather Mana sort of AA.

13. Break

Break People Like Me

T
    That's basically what I did. Not really game breaking, but it was a nice mana reload. I just considered the swarm pets my version of gather mana. They still gave a dps bump, just not in the way they were probably intended.

14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Gather mana has a 2.5 ish hour reuse. Host of elements is 15min. They aren’t really equivalent due to that fact.

I am not actually sure if that patch even nerfed this. It was focused on those two wizard/cleric spells and familiars I think?

15. Break

Break People Like Me

It might be overpowered, but honestly it was very situational. Mages in PoP rarely get low on mana in exp groups or PoP raids. It was super helpful for Luclin boss mobs.

I just wanted to point it out for akkuracy. I'm sure whatever the devs decide is fine. I'm still more bummed about pet faction hits than I'd ever be about losing swarm pet canni.

16. Indi

Indi Well-Known Member

I also forgot about the Amulet of Xuzl, so see your point on that one as well. I'm sure with enough work they could figure out how to make the reclaim pet spell remove the familiar buff on a wizard, but it's probably much simpler to just not allow the familiar to be recalled in the first place.