Macro Warning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haynar, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

We have noticed an increase in players automating in game tasks, that expand beyond raising spell casting skills or afk swimming.

This is a friendly reminder, that the only acceptable use a external macros, programable keyboards, mice, pennies on keyboard (mac), etc., are to practice spell casting, skilling up forage, ranged attacking (archery/throwing) or afk swimming. For the purpose of increasing skills only, with no other benefit. No exp. No faction. No actual healing (even while getting offense or defense skillups). The only purpose allowed is to raise these skills. The only exception is archery. Archery may be macro'd at any time.

This does not apply to the built in macro buttons within the game. That already have limited functionality. Unless of course, you are running something external that mashes the button repeatedly or on triggered conditions.

If you are caught automating in game tasks other than spell casting or forage skillups or afk swimming as previously discussed. This includes tasks such fishing, healing, and tradeskill combines, or any other task which allows performance with little to no player intervention.

Penalties will be as follows:
    • First offense: Verbal warning.
    • Second offense: One day suspension.
    • Third offense: One week suspension.
    • Final offense: Permanent Ban.
    Update:

This warning about macros was originally intended to target those running simple click macros to perform tasks such as foraging, fishing. But since it has come to our attention there had been much more nefarious use of macros, for other tasks. Which go way beyond simple skillups, I am adding an additional clarification.

Update: macroing forage skillups is now allowed.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    DeadSurvivor, delete, Sojor and 11 others like this.
  2. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Update:

We are going to allow using macros to skill up forage. Watching people, it is horribly painful and slow to skillup. This is for skilling up only.

People continue to macro and automate other tasks.

If you are automating getting exp, I highly recommend stopping now. This is your final warning. We will no longer send tells and only get the people AFK.

If you are macroing tasks to gain exp, you will be banned.

3. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

What! I had to forage manually, uphill, in the snow!

4. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I bound my snare key and had to endure ENDLESS vegetables flying around on my cursor while trying to defend myself!

DubRemix88, DeadSurvivor and Ransom like this.
  5. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

I had my forage key bound to my right movement key from level 2 or so, as a soloing ranger. It took about 2 months for it to max out! Having vegetables on your cursor at all times and accidentally opening endless trade windows in raids is the ranger way!

DeadSurvivor and Audiva like this.
  6. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

What's an example of an allowed macro like this? I didn't know you could do loops in HKN.

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  7. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I dont think you can. I think he means some otehr thrid party thing maybe, like a programmable controller.

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  8. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Macs have turbo keys. But for the people who wanna macro tolon - it moves faster when its manual.

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  9. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

I'm on PC so I can't use the roll of quarters method. I would automate stuff like casting skills and sneak/hide or something. In a non-populated area with no exp or loot/coin gains of any kind, of course!

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Using macros for archery is now allowable. This is for any time, not just skilling up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.