Luclin Release (April Fool)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robregen, Apr 1, 2018.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Happy to announce that Luclin will be open on April 4th! This coming patch day! woo hoo!

Tesadar and Lenas like this.
  2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

3. robregen

April Fool Day.

Tesadar, Barnd0g, Slayzz and 3 others like this.
  4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Easter

5. Widdle

Widdle Active Member

TAKE MY MONEY

[​IMG]

Tesadar likes this.
  6. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

I admit my heart skipped a beat when I saw the thread title.

Slayzz likes this.
  7. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

got me

8. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

yep, got me too

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Dammit

Tesadar and Slayzz like this.
  10. Inacht

Inacht People Like Me

Now that Luclin is release, Whens PoP????

Ransom and showstring like this.
  11. necra

necra People Like Me

The following reset

12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/grimling-forest-original-population.247761/

Prathun recently (yesterday) posted he was looking into incorporating the original Grimling Forest onto TLP servers. There is a high chance nothing will come of this but it's possible he may end up getting a workable version of everything including the war that could be tested for more details that we may be lacking.

I also prodded about Acrylia 1.0 and Griegs 1.0 to see if those were possibilities on TLPs as well. Maybe he will even respond!

13. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

That's great. I leveled up an army on Test, so I'll be able to handle it myself. I am fairly satisfied with how I was able to get the war done however, so it's not too bad if I can't view the real war.

Wish they would add Highpass to the list. I'd sit in Highpass for days. Still missing a few pieces of Freeport tavern dialogue as well.

14. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I spent a lot of time in highpass and highkeep (I went to highpass at level 17 and then highkeep from 22-45) in 1999-2000. I was a monk and had no idea weight was a thing to be concerned about, so I died a bunch coz I was encumbered all the time. I'd say I probably spent 4 weeks leveling on orcs and gnolls in highpass and another 3 months in highkeep itself, until the raider room no longer gave exp. I also leveled brewing and language skills sitting in the highpass diner/inn that sits on the lake. It's one of my all-time favorite areas in EQ, and I usually leveled my alts up in HP/HHK - I never killed guards for exp though, always just gnolls/orcs/goblins.

If you're referring to missing dialogues, I probably won't be too much help (I could dig around for specific npc dialogue). But if you're talking about issues with gnoll/orc spawns, I think they still feel off here. The spawn points seem correct now (rob went and redid them last year), but they spawn way too slow still. At the orc camp, it was almost chain pulls for a group of 6 (level 17-21's), You'd usually get 1-2 orcs at a time, sometimes 3-5 if the spawns built up. The gnolls were fast spawns also, but the guard sometimes got involved and wiped them out if they didn't path off. The exp from killing wasn't anything crazy, but the gnoll and orc scalps were good exp/faction, and the zone itself was just relaxing and fun.

Tesadar likes this.
  15. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

Just curious do we have any soft time frame on when’ish sol will activate? 100% not pushing you guys or anything just curious if we are looking at days, weeks or months?

Thanks again for all the hard, under appreciated work you devs put in to making takp great.

16. robregen

Should be out this summer sometime. We will announce it about a month before release or 2 reset.

Gskiel and Slayzz like this.
  17. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I voted release it with no warning.

I got a big thumbs down.

/sigh

18. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

Lol hayar you crack me up!

Thanks for the responses guys, very much appreciated!

Looking forward to it!

And thank you again for all your hard work!

-Perin

19. Animalevic

Animalevic New Member

I try to zone into shadowhaven every reset just in case it was secretly pushed.

20. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This is still the April Fools thread and this is still April. Not sure if serious...

21. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

That would be sooooo awesome!

22. Dane

Dane People Like Me

I've been saving up PTO for the launch. So some forewarning would be appreciated. :p

Linkamus likes this.
  23. Skurd

Skurd New Member

Wasn't so far off now was it :p
    Thanks for all your hard work guys, looking forward to Luclin in July )

24. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I figure this is as good a thread as any!

Will Luclin launch be including Cazic Thule zone revamp or will the CT revamp be coming a few months after launch?

I sort of like it being released as additional content a bit after launch and I imagine that would be the easier path on the devs too but I thought it was worth asking.

25. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

No. CT will not be in release. It will be closer to PoP release, than Luclin release.

26. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

The jeldorin of luclin!

27. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Speaking of this...

Do we have anything unlocking beyond zones other than:

• Jollum in Bazaar offering spells and GM Bag quest.
    • Horse NPCs in Bazaar.

28. robregen

not that I know of.

29. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Are the collection quests goin active? Or those getting removed?

30. robregen

couple of quest items are missing unknown item. Me and Elroz has been trying to do them on live to upload the unknown item to Lucy. We got one discovered. "Collections of Book". The other two are on hold until we verify the items.