Luclin Era Leveling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neopolitan, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

I come from p99 and I am very familiar with the leveling path and zones to use on a Velious era server. I have some nice spots that I like but I'm hoping to try some new spots. I know Paludal Caverns is a hot spot for leveling here. Looking for some other suggestions for perhaps a leveling path here that might be new to me.
    Or are the increased mob HP and AC not worth it in the other expansions?

2. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

ZEM list is always useful - http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Zone_Experience_Modifiers

I would say that the new path is certainly worth it. P99 is great but this server offers a different experience and is absolutely worth looking into leveling on a different path. Unfortunately the ZEMs are really not great compared to some old work or Kunark zones (especially when you take into account AC/HP of the mobs) but there are only so many times one can kill goblins in HHK. (My memories are from live and not AK so some experiences may differ)
    I always really liked the mosquitoes in EC. They have low hp and DS shreds them because they hit fast.
    Netherbian Lair was always great. It's relatively easy to pull and it's right next to the nexus/pok/bazaar for easy travel and selling etc.
    PC you already mentioned has a stupid high ZEM.

As you level you could always do the shard camps for VT key. Those camps stink, but if you're exping while camping them it makes it much more bearable.

3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

For leveling fast, the old zones will likely be better.

But if you’re a veteran of P99 playing for 8+ years in the same 3 expansions worth of content, I would definitely encourage a new path.

Levels 5-25 - Paludal Caverns

This zone is great, you start at one end killing mushrooms and fiends, and end at the other side killing bandits.

Levels 20-30 - Netherbian Caverns

Not a bad zone, a bit more dungeony. Not very populated but between trogs and fiends you can find things to kill.

Levels 25-35 - Echo Caverns

This zone is weird and unique in that there are two different enterances to the zone from Shadow Haven, and they lead to two separate sections of the zone that don’t connect.

Levels 30-50 - Dawnshroud Peaks

Great open zone you can kill roaming animals, mushrooms and rockmen to start and eventually build your way up to Rockhopper caves in your high 30s/low 40s.

Keep Rockhopper hides they sell to PC Tailors.

Level 50-60 - The Deep

Great crawl zone, stick near the entrance unless you have a corpse summoner. The corpse runs here are painful. A few decent

Level 50-60 - Fungus Grove

Lots of blue cons. The mushrooms have annoying abilities but ShikNar aren’t too bad.

Level 50-60 - Griegs End

Interesting zone if you like weird PoMischief sort of zones. Lots of trap mobs, weird names, weird drops.

Level 55-60 - Ssraeshza Temple

End game dungeon basically. Not too many named camps worth doing but there are a few.

4. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I would not say p99 is great. That neck beard place sucks.

lurari likes this.
  5. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

Is the coin you make better in Luclin than other zones? As a new player I'm trying to find some spots to make coin to gear out my toons. It seems like the bazaar prices are relatively cheap. My ranger is really the only toon who I am terribly concerned with gear. I think the Cleric and Chanter could probably get to 60 with almost no gear in my trio.

6. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

What levels are your toons or what combo is your trio? I can guide you in paths of platinum but overall luclin is so/so on pp.

lurari likes this.
  7. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

Ranger Cleric Enchnater
    12 / 12 / 12

8. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

If you wanna make money from Luclin your best bet is to farm trade mats. Probably flawless hopper hides.

9. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

I don't necesarrily want to make money from Luclin. I'm okay stopping at certain points to farm plat at say HG's, Seafuries etc...are either of those options? What about J-Boots does that spawn work like p99 or is it a totally new process...and while I'm asking...what about QM is that spawn the same as P99?

10. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

The answer to both of those is very likely to be no. Few things here match p99 counterparts. Killing giants for cash is certainly a thing. QM you can find spawn techniques for here in the forums. Ancient Cyclops from my understanding is easier to camp in OOT than SRo.

Neopolitan likes this.
  11. Rabitz

Rabitz Member

Seems like the easiest plat farming on this server is HG's in Rathe Mountains. Mobs in general tend to have more coin here than I noticed on p99.

Also WL Geonids seems to be a steady source of plat, although I don't think you've got as many people looking for the gems with a lower population + Luclin out.

What Lenas said about Luclin probably overrides what I said above though.

12. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

In the 40s, charm Ryklo Rikes in Dawnshroud and shred the rockhopper caves for insane experience and plat. (Don't be fooled by elfin substitutes.) Pro tips: Save superb and flawless hides to sell for ginormous stacks of plat to tradeskillers. Don't kill the Age Old Rockhopper or you'll flip the cave to goranga and ruin your cash cow. Give Ryklo two different one-handed weapons so he can dual wield and, um, be sure to keep him snared ;)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    solar likes this.
  13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

QM on P99 is a Custom code. They just made it up, spawning off a specific lioness / elephant calf and spawning at 3 known spawn locations.

On here we use the Live/classic Quillmane spawn, every 72 seconds 1 PHer spawns around the zone between about 100+ spawn locations and about 15-20 different possible PHers.

Also... I think Rockhopper hides are going to sell for less on this server due to nerfed infinity spawn in Grimling Forest than they did on AK. I spent about an hour at the spawn AEing every spawn and got less than a stack of small pieces of acrylia. This tradeskill path I dunno if its gonna be the best path like it was on AK.

Lenas and Pithy like this.
  14. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

What y'all aren't 250 tailoring yet? So 2016