Kelethin's music

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Theus, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

2. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

+1 to this... nothing says "Classic" like the Kelethin music. That's how I knew I was getting close (or was probably already under) Kelethin when I was lost and running aimlessly thru GFay.

3. Klok

Klok New Member

4. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

An interesting note: most (if not all) of the original midi music did not play on a Mac when I was on AK. I thought it had to do with the server until the PC/Mac hack came out and I loaded EQMac up on my laptop for when I was travelling... lo and behold, there was the original music again! The same is exactly true here, on my Mac, the old music is not there... on my PC, you can hear the original music in it's glory. So, while playing the Mac version of EQ on a PC may not be considered ideal, one huge plus is that you get all the original music (I'm getting Freeport gates music, vendor/banker music, Kelethin music, etc... very cool stuff).

I did a bit of research back before AK shut down on how to get the midi stuff to play on my iMac, but never found a solution. I even downloaded mp3 converted versions of the original midi music, dropped them into my game folder and it still won't play. I know the original file names have a .xmi extension (Extended Midi). Titanium has these files in the game, as well as the newer mp3 music (used after Luclin was released I believe). So, up to Velious was XMI and post Velious went to mp3. I always assumed that either the server side triggers were not in place for XMI music on AK... or, the Mac OS just had no way of reproducing them. By triggers, I mean there must be a "zone" where they start to play, for example: in Freeport, there is music that plays only when you are near the gates (i.e. within 100ft)... similar to the box that says where a mob is allowed to path within a zone.

Would be cool if there was some way to get the XMI music to play on the Macs.