Just .... wow ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tylaric, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Tylaric

Tylaric Well-Known Member

So,

I'm surfing around tonight looking for .. inspiration.. I like looking at nice websites guild sites etc .. Looking for a good color scheme to put something together with =0.

Then I stumbled across this gem ! Looks like shit, but have a read .. http://www.wowgoons.com

I had NO idea that MMO gaming had evolved to this ... Man, have I been sheltered !

2. abacab

abacab New Member

Lol, DIAMOND STATUS

3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Heh not terribly surprising but interesting. If I could donate X dollars to TAK and get an illusion clicky back I know I would. I don't like the idea of p2w but I love the idea of cosmetic benefits.

4. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

It's fake. Goons be trollin!

5. mrthedevious

mrthedevious New Member

Hahahah I can't believe that site just keeps on snagging people even after all these years

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

One of the best things about Al'Kabor (albeit likely one of its aspects that led to the servers demise) was the lack of a cash shop.

Stop asking for my credit card to purchase pixels that make it look like I have reindeer horns.

I'm fine with subscriptions, we pay for the upkeep, Customer service and constant patching of the server.

Micro transaction come directly from hell.

7. iance

iance New Member

Yeah. The F2P Models sure destroyed MMOs.

LotrO, EQ2, EQ, etc. it is now all about giving you a shortcut to max level, so you can skip all the content and reach the endgame and be bored with the game. You can really only blame the playerbase though, because obviously it is working for those companies, or they would not be doing it. The problem is, for every 10 gamers there is 1 person who has too much money to spend (either because they dont have a life, make too much money, etc etc) who will monetarily replace the 9 people who quit because the game is crap. So basically you can finance the game by just catering to the pay2win gamer.

I really hope this system doesn't kill the market completely, and at least some studios develop some quality content for a change. Lately it has been looking worse and worse, I cant even get excited for upcoming titles anymore, to be honest with you :)

On the other hand, this fuels the EMU MMO market and gives us a greater playerbase. Only there will come a day when there is nobody left to remember what a good video game used to be like, and then we are all doomed!

8. Tylaric

Tylaric Well-Known Member

Totally agree there Iance.

I loved DDO but when they went F2P it gave a huge advantage to those with deep pockets. I knew some guys that would drop $1200 in a shot on the DDO Store and this was not a rare occurrence. And of course - those players would have a hugely disproportionate advantage in the game regardless of time spent.

I like what we have here =)

If there was an EQ2 Emu that was actually running with a community I might be interested in that and I'm watching Uthgard for it's return =).. EQ might loose me for a few months when that happens heh.