Just rolled, could use some advice.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mewse, May 10, 2020.

1. Mewse

Mewse New Member

New Bard checking in, planning on soloing for now. Might end up rolling a druid or something further down the line, but boxing has never been something I've really enjoyed, so I'm kind of on the fence about it. No melody command has my hands full anyways, haha.

I'd like to stick with Luclin zones leveling up, as I missed a lot of it on Live. I went to all the staple zones (Paludal, Dawnshroud, Grieg's), so I'd like to skip those and go a bit off the beaten path. Any good suggestions? As this is my first character, places I could earn gear through quests or drops, or tradeskill items to sell for some plat, would be preferable. So far I haven't gotten past the newbie pit in Shar Vahl, but I'm enjoying myself, even if I've taken a few dirt naps.

As a side note, I noticed in the options that tab cycling between NPC's doesn't appear to be in the client. Is this something that's disabled forever, or will it be available at some point further on in the timeline?

Thanks for reading and any/all advice.

2. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

3. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Its not a progression server, client restrictions like tab cycling will never be changed.

As for where to go, you can do netherbian instead of paludal, or shadeweavers or even hollowshade later. But believe me you will notice a gigantic difference in exp. For the most part you just stagger through whatever zones you can after that until you can do dawnshroud. You can stay there until quite late. After that if you want to do Luclin zones you better get real good at bard kiting or find a group. Eventually you will be able to kite large nimbers of ME mobs but that will be late in your career.

In general Luclin mobs are more obnoxious compared to other expansions and the outdoor zones range from mildly annoying but okay (dsp) to an outright crime against humanity (mons letalis), with more tending towards the second than the first.

Sketchy likes this.
  4. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

A lot of p99 in the last few days. Was there a big post on their forums?

5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Latest patch nerfed a lot of the gameplay and made it very un-classic. I think this big meta change, in combination of people realising that p99 is effectively a 'custom content' server, may have played a part.

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

If you are still very low (1-10~) the zone options you have are extremely limited in Luclin.

Luclin has Shadeweavers / Shar Vahl pit for 1-10, and Hollowshade / Paludal for 10-20. Those are about your only options until you hit 20ish. If you hanging around PoK and standing near MGBs getting Aego / Haste / Regen / DS kind of buffs, you will be able to handle the 20+ zones a bit earlier.

If you are adamant you want to solo as a bard in Luclin and avoid Paludal/Dawnshroud/Griegs, I would recommend:

1-10 Shadeweavers
    10-18 Hollowshade -- I would guess the war camps?
    18-30 Marus Seru -- Random roamers in zone like the greyhoppers etc.
    30-40 Twilight Sea -- Robe island, farm Swirling Shadows and sell for about 1k/stack to blacksmiths
    40-60 Maiden's Eye -- Everything in zone except robes which cast

This will be a very slow journey for you but it is a doable one.

7. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Was that the clicky-nuke items nerf, or more to it?

8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

They nerfed the recharge cost on many typical clickable items. Things like Bladestoppers, Puppet Strings, Wooly Spider Silk Nets, Midnight Mallets, Prayers of Life, etc. I believe they also added cast times to many of these items as well.

For us, because of how our hate code caps spells not in your spell book out at 400 hate, and because we are in Luclin soon to be PoP, these classic items don't have nearly the impact they had on P99.