Is anyone on Kael faction?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mukk, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

As per title, is anyone on Kael faction/kills in the west wing of ToV for the Ancient Tarnished plate drops?

Ever since the Velious days on live, I've wanted to have a set of Troubadour armor on my bard. Myself and a couple friends were giant aligned, even though our guild was too small and low-level to raid. I know it's not the best armor or anything, but it's part of my fashion-quest/bucket-list for EQ. AK was long-since past Velious when I found it, so I never saw any point of pursuing Velious armor other than hunting in Plane of Growth, which I could do with my group of toons.

I'm wondering if it's worth starting the faction work now that my trio is mid-30's, to be able to do the Kael armor quests; but that would depend if anyone is killing the relevant mobs to buy MQ's or ride coat-tails on raids.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Some guilds may clear NToV and the armor can rarely drop from trash during those clears. I don't believe any guilds still kill in WToV however which is the most reliable place for smaller raids to obtain the armor.

However at level 60, with Luclin AAs and raid gear, you can easily 1 group WToV mobs. Without raid gear you could probably do it as well, it would just be a bit more challenging.

3. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

I don't think so - the only dragon anyone cares about killing is yelinak or an occasional thing in WW for talismans, whereas kael has lots of raid content that is constantly rotated. years ago I started keeping the plate drops from NTOV to MQ just in case, but eventually realized that no one cared and destroyed it all to reclaim bank space.

4. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

NAG's been doing Vulak lately to fill in rotational target gaps, so ToV clears are done the day before attempts. I believe most of the trash drops (including a good number of named drops) end up rotting. Seem to do this twice every couple of months lately.

5. cmdrk

cmdrk Member

I (Meatza/Lorien) am on Kael faction and take the tasty Kael rots in NToV when my guild, Imperium, raids there. Happy to report the guild has graciously gotten arms, bracer, boots and gloves for me at this point :)

Kael life.

Mukk, Hove! and Cadsuane like this.
  6. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

That's awesome! Maybe I could tag along some time once my bard is higher level! ;)