I miss grouping...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikayahEQ, Jun 9, 2016.

1. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

So, in some ways this is likely an unavoidable side-effect of a boxing-allowed server (I 3-box myself, and boxed for years on Live so I am not complaining about this feature), but I really miss grouping with others. I've been playing here on Takp for a little over a month now and my crew is lvl 51 now, and in that time I may have had a total of maybe a dozen exp groups, mostly just with one other person, also 2/3-boxing. Several folks who started around the same time as me--we grouped a few times, but I don't see them around anymore. And now I just haven't found many other folks 45+ who are out doing exp camps - or a regular group, where we can work together to get HS/Seb keyed and take our grouping to the next level, while the content is interesting and even challenging for us.

Instead, I log on, run my crew to one of a couple spots that I can handle with my trio (the aforementioned HS/Seb keys could increase those possibilities, but I've not finished them yet), and I pull the same mobs, just to slowly watch my exp bars trudge through the 51 hell level.

I know a lot of folks who've been around are burnt out (some for the same reason mentioned above), just waiting for Velious to drop, and I know others start off on a server like Takp, thinking they'll hang around, but their interest only lasts until the exp slows down. It is what it is...

This isn't a rant, or a complaint--just a statement: I miss grouping.

So, if anyone else is 45-55 and looking for someone to adventure with...hit me up. I'm online most every night from 8:30PM(ish) EST until...well, just until. I can bring DPS and heals to your tank, or we could make a dynamite pet group--I'm pretty much up for anything.

Oiwon likes this.
  2. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I'm usually on at the same times as well. Syphie (my BL) is 49, and I've been trying to get my Bard (Year, 40) and Cleric (Jessies, 39) caught up. I'd be happy to bring whatever. I know Tanis is also always looking for a group. His Bard is 54, I think, and his Enchanter is 51ish? He's working on another set of toons in the mid 30's as well.

3. Tanis

Tanis New Member

That is right Syphie, I'm always looking for people to group with. Boxing is a lonely adventure. My Druid is 39, my Rogue is 38 and my monk is 35. I need to start working on my VP key and so do you Syphie. Lets plan on doing that sometime this weekend maybe Saturday? Anyhow Mikayah, look for me on Tanis/Bruise/Tasslehoff/Sithel/Sticks.

Regards,
    Tanis

4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Wish I had more time to play sometimes.

Khorpus likes this.
  5. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Savannah and I are leveling up a shaman and necromancer. Shaman is 47 and necro is 50. We are currently camped out in Howling Stones if you wanna finish up your key and join us there Finadyn.

6. MikayahEQ

I have the Xalgozian Fang x 3, and I don't have anything planned for tonight, so I'll probably try to get my Jade Chokidai Prod for my crew. I remember loving HS, and I hope it'll be a good source of XP/loot, at least for a few levels. If I get it done, I'll definitely look you up.

7. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Chancellor is a 2-3 hour spawn. I always see him up every time I key an alt or am helping someone else.

8. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

It's a fantastic, low traffic zone with great difficulty scaling through each area and drops that keep you coming back. One of the best Kunark dungeons. I often drop in to 3 box random drops, I'll keep an eye out for ya.

9. MikayahEQ

Is he a 2-3 hour spawn on Takp? I thought I remembered him having a PH, with about the same chance to spawn as Xalgoz on Live, but it's been many years, so I could have this wrong...

10. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

2 hour spawn no PH, how Chancellor has always been. Xalgoz is the only annoying one cause of the PH's. It's something to get while passing through, you definitely don't want to sit there for 6 hours.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  11. MikayahEQ

Well, that will make it take a little longer for my 3...maybe I can sneak in a quick kill as soon as I get home for one of my crew, then get the other two throughout the evening...otherwise, it might be a late night, heh.

12. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Xalgoz in the church area ain't bad. EXP is still great up until 52. Usually 2pp each mob. I typically get 3-5 Xalgoz spawns in a couple hours of AE killing with my shaman.

13. MikayahEQ

Oh I really enjoyed the church camp, and I stayed there until most everything was green at 50/51. Got a great stock of Xalgoz drops while I was there too - including the clicky fear 2HB. :)

14. MikayahEQ

Made some constructive use of a conference call at work and got one prod...now two more this afternoon/tonight.

Mokli and Lenas like this.
  15. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

If you are into voice chat get into the server mumble, you can find the info in the exodus recruitment thread. If you see me on sometime, (Lanklus, Andre, Pkewanay) hit me up and I would be willing to help you get keyed, group a bit, etc. My toons are 60 but you will still get xp and I dont need many of the drops anymore so you might enjoy yourself.

16. MikayahEQ

I finished up my HS key x3 last night (and managed a rare drop for my Mage epic). It was a pretty good night. HS here I come, heh.

17. surron

surron People Like Me

once you're 51+ there are tons of people in the 50s that will group up. the grind from 51-60 is long

Khorpus likes this.
  18. MikayahEQ

I downloaded Mumble for this purpose, and I've joined a few times, but never found anyone on, so I just quit trying it. I'll plan on jumping in tonight (EST), to see if anyone is on.

19. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Savannah and I got trained by a pathing bug in howling stones last night. Wiped in South Hall. Plan to get our bodies tonight and head back. Maybe we will see you there!

20. MikayahEQ

Unless something comes up, I plan to venture in when I get on after my kids are in bed. Should be sometime in the next hour to hour and a half.

Should be interesting trying to break in with no pet/mez...gonna have to figure that out.

Verdent likes this.
  21. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

It has been super hot here so I was gardening at night the last couple nights. I think I'll be back on now since my back is good and sore. Lots of the people are more of a EST late night crowd. It's nice for me since that's when I play and the server is emptiest.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Khorpus likes this.