Raising Truespirit faction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tragedie37, Jun 2, 2021.

1. tragedie37

tragedie37 Active Member

I have a 53 Vah Shir Shaman and tried to start my epic journey; however, I'm stuck on the first step. I've killed Peg Leg and the iksar in the FoB and neither of the spawned spirits will talk to me. I'm 'Apprehensive' to them and cannot find a way to raise the faction. I cannot get the gem to do the turn in and killing Moltak in the Temple of Solusek Ro did nothing.

I've searched for days and cannot find any reliable way to raise faction enough to even get the first gem from the lesser spirit. Has anybody run into this problem before? Is there a fix? I started this character right after I joined the server and would hate to abandon it due to something that I might be able to fix.

2. Silvermink

Silvermink Member

As a vah shir, you have a small amount of sneak that will get you to indifferent.

3. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

And then, if I remember correctly, you can repeat the first step for faction..... It's been a while though

4. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

John Stark likes this.
  5. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

You've probably read these already:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=181

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=767

The first link mentions a means to reset your Truespirit faction the Temple of SolRo. There are various ways mentioned in both comment sections to raise it and skip parts of the shaman epic thereby. Whether they work here or worked on the old EQ Maq server I cannot confirm. On Live back in the day, some of the tactics mentioned to raise the faction did work, as my wife had to do it for her epic IIRC.

The P99 wiki has some information on this as well, but P99 obviously is its own thing and while the wiki there can be quite useful, it obviously is a different era, different custom server and client, with its own quirks, bug patches, etc.

Another option besides the Ornate Velium Pendant mentioned that might let you do a turn in could be using Puppet Strings to charm the quest mob to do the initial turn in to be able to start the quest. Some kind soul might loan Puppet Strings for that purpose, or rent them to you for a price.

If the method to reset Truespirit faction that is mentioned is confirmed to work here, that might be the best option, but since I did not play on AK server and have not participated in that quest here, it would be good if others who have could confirm this method works.

Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  6. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Seems like a bug if you can't start your epic because of race... Have other players with Vah Shir shamans had the same problem?

I started my epic on my Troll shaman yesterday no problem.

7. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Vah Shir Shaman start out with enough tru spirit faction to start epic. So you must have helped kill a mob that lowers faction at some point. Lucky you, as a Vah Shir you get sneak. That should allow you to run gems and fix faction.

tragedie37 and Tuluvien like this.
  8. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Race doesn't affect Truespirit, only class does. The Shaman is the only class that starts at indifferent. The rest of the other class starts at apprehensively.

tragedie37 and Mechaike like this.
  9. tragedie37

tragedie37 Active Member

Update: I was able to sneak behind and get the gem and then had to sneak behind Bondl to turn it in. I don't think I've killed any of those mobs listed on "NPCs you can kill to lower the faction" in the 3-1/2 years since I started the character.

Killing Moltak did nothing for my faction; either Moltak gives absolutely no faction whatsoever, or, my original faction was apprehensive. Either way, after killing him, I was still apprehensive.

I started a barbarian shaman to play with my GF, who started 3-1/2 years ago, but hasn't played until about a week ago. Not sure if I'll get back on the Vah Shir shaman, but at least I know the sneak trick worked. Thank you. Not sure why I would start at "apprehensive", but I did.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  10. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I just rolled a L1 Vah Shir Shaman and ran them over to Bondl. Indifferent. Sounds like you killed something.

Mukk and John Stark like this.
  11. tragedie37

tragedie37 Active Member

@Ripwind or, there were issues on the server 3-1/2 years ago; either way, I've been leveling a Barbarian shaman with my GF who returned after a 3-1/2 year hiatus <3. She used to play EQ2, but never EQ1, so it's a steep learning curve for her