How the hell does Aego get dispelled so much?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sowislifesowislove, May 13, 2021.

1. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

I sometimes wondered though if what the client thought was in the top slot and what the server thinks is in the top slot is always jiving with each other, if say two things (self buff and debuff or song) hit very close to the same time. This sort of issue has cropped up in other problems/elements in a similar way (rampage list comes to mind), its not unreasonable to think it could happen with buffing too. After all, the client doesn't wait for a server response to put an instant clicky in your buff list, it just does it, but it will still take time for the server to know about it. If a debuff or external buff/song registered to the server before your client informs it of the instant clicky buff, the server will think external buff is in slot 1, clicky in slot 2, while the client will be showing clicky in 1 external buff in 2. Since dispels are handled serverside, it would make sense that in this situation you would unexpectedly lose buff in slot 2 when fighting a high level dispeller with a high percentage success rate, and not only that, it would probably KEEP hitting that slot until you clear your top slot and redo the order.

But I don't know if any of this is true.

2. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I'm open to speculation. It could just be that mobs (especially lower level mobs) are casting dispell more than they should or that we remember and that's why results are skewed for us in conjunction with how dispells actually work.

Kinda like how we get more stuns from behind here than we remember because we aren't lvl 65 and have all of those Lightning Reflexes AA's yet.

3. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

There are currently some issues with stacking which do cause a desync in buff slots but this is not expected to happen normally and is something I'd consider a bug. There is another behavior that is by design which is when a buff is expiring, if you refresh it at just the right time as it's fading, it will expire again immediately after landing on you.

4. Break

Break People Like Me

Is there a reason other than akkuracy that this is by design? It always seemed like an unintended bug to me.

5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

It's just how it be. It's how it was on eqlive and on eqmac, and you better like it

Tesadar and John Stark like this.
  6. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Just stop sucking and don't get dispelled.

necra likes this.
  7. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Screenshot 2021-08-30 210853.jpg

out of all those buffs, a single Cancel Magic from a blue con giant in Kael, and dispells Aegoslim

of course

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The game was likely so enraged by the horrible spell icons used in that screenshot that it just went straight for maximum damage and took out Aegolism.

9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

straight to the flames and rants with this thread

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  10. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

The WW Dragons have an AE "top slot" dispell every 30 seconds. I can say with some confidence that skipping buffs happens, and it's very random. To the point that there's really just no point in trying to keep any buffs at all. I have had a lot of practice keeping the top two slots open for bard song and a clicky, the next two slots open for two bard haste procs, and then stacking other buffs in slots 5-15. There's just nothing for it. After 30 minutes of dispelling every 30 seconds, you've lost all of those slot 5-15 slot buffs.

By contrast, in all the Dozekar kills I've been a part of, with the same top slot dispell, I think I've noticed it skip the top slot maybe twice. Getting a bard song in the top two slots for that encounter is the pro strat for sure.