How is it going, TAKP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saskoris, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

It has been awhile; I thought I would just poke my head in and see how the everyone and the server is doing.

Miss you guys.
    -Sask

2. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Hey Sask. Come play with us sometime.

Saskoris likes this.
  3. Cerberus

Cerberus Active Member

Hello saskoris I got message for you from someone way more important then me for you
    But here's a massage from me to you hehe
    Start chant "One of us One of us One of us Gobble gobble we accept you We accept you
    We accept you One of us"
    LoL Best qoute ever from that old old film Freaks 1932 old school server needs old school qoutes
    From the one and only Barrakas Nogginbasher

Saskoris likes this.
  4. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

I'm trying. I am having a hard time launching on my new MacBook (Sierra). It stops during launch with a little black bar in the top left hand corner, and the client crashes. I set it up, I think, exactly how I did on my other MacBook, but it doesn't work :(

5. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

This is what it looks like

Attached Files:

6. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

I just upgraded to High Sierra and I got an error saying "This program is not optimized for your mac" using the cross platform launcher.

While using the executable file I received errors saying:
    BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'

7. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

Trying to switch X11 to Quartz Server

8. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

may want to wipe your everquest data in your user folder and it should regenerate once you start your everquest again.

you can try using the apple script from Lenas to see if that works.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Tesadar likes this.
  9. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

10. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

11. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

It works! Thanks Rob and Speed.

12. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

Anyone want to group? I have characters for every level. Nothing intense, just casual exp or something.

Neealana likes this.
  13. SVacca

SVacca New Member

What worked exactly? I have the same problem on Mojave. ("Error: unsupported compressor 8" etc) Thanks in advance!!

Saskoris likes this.
  14. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

I actually had the wrong password because the new launcher does not support special characters. Lol.