Mac OSx can't go to windowed mode or space switch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FowledPeace, Mar 23, 2019.

1. FowledPeace

FowledPeace New Member

new player here. changed my resolution multiple times and I can't get into windowed mode or change spaces. stuck in full screen in the game. tried assigning hotkeys to different spaces, nope. hot corners, nope.

help!

2. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

I can't speak to your situation, but for me to get into windowed mode on a Mac I change the Windowedmode= in the eqclient.ini

3. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

For me spaces has never worked in full screen. I need to go into the .Ini file and add or change the line "Windowedmode=True"

4. FowledPeace

FowledPeace New Member

sorry, total noob... can't find the file eqclient.ini. would it be the link where I open it up? i.e. the file that contains this:
    #!/bin/bash
    cd /Applications/EverQuest.app/Contents/MacOS
    ./EverQuest patchme /ticket: <my user name and password> ​
    do I just add the line in there?

5. Devour_Souls

Nah there is a folder on a Mac that contains a file 'eqclient.ini' that opens in text edit. I can't remember the path to the folder. A forum search may aid in finding it. NM I did it.

6. FowledPeace

FowledPeace New Member

found it, thanks!

but now my mouse isn't happy. I can move the mouse, but not click on anything?

7. Devour_Souls

If you already created a character use the keyboard 'enter' key to enter world, once you are in world use type "/mci a" I think, to restore mouse control. If you didn't create a character go back to fullscreen to create a character and then go back to windowed mode and use /mci a. There may be a better way, and I haven't used windowed mode on a Mac in about 10 years, but that's how I remember it working from AK days.

8. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

If this is your first ever character on the account, use command tab to select the instance on everquest, then your mouse should work. That quirk only applies to your first character on that account, due to whatever mouse weirdness there is with clicking the new character button for the first time.

9. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Yeah, the in game command is /Mc "anything" . I always type /Mc I for whatevwr reason. Habit I suppose.

You will need to engage that for mouse control in each client, but only once. It becomes second nature and you will get your 3 instances up and running for a session in no time once you are used to it

10. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Also gamma correction won't work in windowed mode mac. I turned it up on the computer itself so I can see better.

11. Velwynd

Velwynd New Member

I have made separate windows for each of my toons. But I can't get windowed mode to work which means I can't play all three at the same time. Yes I did the ini file and inputted the true windowed mode, yes I can switch between desktops but not while Im in game. Any advice???

12. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

is there any chance that you have more than one EQ folder and are editing an eqclient.ini file that isn't the one the client you're launching is reading?

Mr_GreenScreens likes this.
  13. Mr_GreenScreens

Mr_GreenScreens Member

Are you launching multiple instances of EQ on the same desktop and then attempting to move them? You need to go to your destination desktop, launch EQ, get toon in game before you go to another desktop and launch another instance of EQ.

Also, I do not know how you are launching EQ, but if you are using a launcher like TAKP Launcher, go ahead and shut the launcher down once your toon is in game... it is no longer necessary and just hogs resources.

14. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

So is that not fixable at all?

15. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

In all my years on AK and here, in fame gamma has never worked. I crank it on the machine and it helps a lot.

Edit: but only in windowed. In full screen it's fine.

16. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Right. Full screen it works. But can’t switch between toons in full right? Super annoying. VT dark af

17. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Yeah, super dark. Honestly with my laptop gamma cranked I can see fine, but the screen looks scary bright once you're out of game. I don't mean screen brightness either, the actual gamma correction.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    sowislifesowislove likes this.