Hi TAKP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Strikur, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Strikur

Strikur New Member

I doubt my wife will approve of my returning to Norrath, but one can dream, right?

What’s the active population like? As high as AK’s final days, or, more like old school AK?

Are many guild raiding SOV?

Edit: typo

Foxhorde and lurari like this.
  2. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Sawp dude.

Presently there are 3 raid teams raiding Velious – Destiny, Nephilim/Azure Guard Alliance, and Temerity.

Population is probably more like old school AK but we're in a content lull for the next three weeks. Some folks are resting before the Luclin push. Surely lots of people will be back to see new things and AA's will keep folks' attention. Might see some fence-sitters from AK waiting in the wings to revisit the glory days. Might see a population boom from new folks wanting to experience a good Luclin -> PoP server.

On the right side of the forums there's a "Server Status" which shows number of players online.

3. shortok

shortok People Like Me

Oh hey Strikur. I miss you. <3

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  4. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

Easy solution -- get her to play too! :D

5. Foxhorde

Foxhorde People Like Me

Hey man great sever and great people here, Horde will be on that raiding list soon :) if you have any questions in game just ask you will find help everywhere here!

FOR THE HORDE!!!

6. Rabitz

Rabitz Member

I don't mean to hijak this thread, but I'm wondering how much Velious (and even Kunark/Classic) content will still be raided once Luclin drops? I've been having fun grinding my trio (~lvl 37 now), but realistically won't even be 50+ by the time Luclin rolls around with my limited play time. If I join a guild would people still want to hit things like ToV once SoL comes out or will that be old news? I'm not really sure how many Luclin items make previous loot obsolete because when I was playing the expansion on live a was a dumb kid with 10+ chars under level 20 and never made it to the end game.

7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Velious raid loot is actually better than single group (and maybe 2-group) loot in PoP, let alone Luclin. And I'm not even counting Dozekar quest loot which is particularly long-lasting.

I imagine Velious content will be visited by mid-tier guilds still after Luclin drops.

8. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

There will certainly be multiple guilds raiding Velious for a long time. Some of the loot there is just too good to pass up. More than a few items from Velious will last until high end PoP even. As far as Kunark / Classic - people will always want to finish epics, Trak BPs and mana robes will alway be valuable, and VP has a few really nice pieces as well.

9. Rabitz

Rabitz Member

Thanks folks!

10. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Hard to beat CT robes and brains too. You can always look at the rotational schedule to see what guilds plan on keeping.

lurari likes this.
  11. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Yes the risk (time) vs reward on a lot of Velious loot remains favorable. In particular:

Sleeper's Tomb will be killed, however casually, until forever because Primals are fantastic "starter" or alt weapons even at level 65 and the droppables (particularly Salindrite Dagger and Sceptre of Destruction) will always hold value.

Yelinak gloves and neck are very nice items, guaranteed to drop on every raid, and he's a target you can start in PoK, kill, and return to PoK all in less than 30 minutes. The definition of a loot pinata.

Vindi and Statue will continue to be killed forever because Avatar of War's loot is too precious.

King Tormax will continue to be killed forever because he's far too easy and quick to kill for what he drops. He's Dozekar for dummies (gear is slightly worse but you don't have any quests to fret about). The ultimate pinata. Flowing Thought 2 boots are hard to replace, his gloves and boots are the best tanks can find until the Elemental Planes, his crown is great even compared to Vex Thal gear, plus his ring and belt are nice.

Dain loot is largely forgettable once Luclin hits. The hammer clicky, cloaks, and rings are nice if you have the time/desire to farm him.

Ring war loot is forever valuable – Ring10 click is amazing (plus recharge DA scroll) and the DA earring for casters is beyond worth.

Tunare's loot is fine but I imagine she won't be a popular target once folks can go to the moon.

Dozekar possesses several pieces for tanks that last until late Plane of Time. Other classes will like his diverse and stupidly strong loot table, too.

EToV (Halls of Testing) gear holds up through Luclin and even into PoP a bit. I'd expect this to become increasingly farmable by small/box teams.

WToV gear has some pieces that are mid-Luclin quality even but are already always up. Super good R-v-R in here though like NToV you're always hoping for the good half of the loot table instead of the dumpster half.

NToV becomes a bit of a hassle but it might be the best way to gear up a new guild even in PoP. It's a long raid and half the loot is trash, but you get a lot of loot per clear. For the daring, Vulak holds a number of loots better than anything you'll find before the Elemental Planes and some precious pieces like Abashi's.

Thunderace, Mascha and Mokli like this.
  12. Rabitz

Rabitz Member

/drools

13. Radda

Radda People Like Me

All this stuff will die, you’ll get what your looking for one day.

14. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

You will get nothing and like it.