Hello

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deadite, Nov 15, 2014.

1. deadite

deadite New Member

So, I don't really have much to actually say. Mostly I'm fulfilling my one post requirement so I can check out the server. :)

I played AK on and off for years. Never got high level enough for anyone to remember me, but I enjoyed the server and the community seemed very nice. It was a bit of a shock to hear about its closing a while back. I wish TAKP all the luck reuniting the stranded AK players out there.

2. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Good to see more people hearing about this. Hopefully we will have a decent sized population once beta hits. :D

3. Inkanddagger

Inkanddagger New Member

Good afternoon. I'm just joining the server as well. It's such a shame that the original AK server was shut down. I didn't get to experience much of the server due to being a PC player, but now that I have this rMBP, I'm going to give the server a shot.

4. Bandito

Bandito New Member

why hello

I thought I'd also take a peek at this. I don't have much time these days, but I'm curious to see what you guys have managed to do!

I played for a long time on and off on eqmac, through various characters and guilds from my shameful complete newb days to uh, well being better.

5. Alarti

Alarti New Member

This should be fun, I got a message from Abacab to come here.....
    Post requirements and such.

6. shoopdawhoop

shoopdawhoop New Member

7. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

If you fell in love with EQ in the early days (1999-2005) like most of us here, you are going to love this server. I started in fall of 2000, but have gotten to experience what it must have been like to begin in spring 1999... didn't realize how much I'd missed. Very fun, very challenging (if not a bit masochistic), and filled with adventure. By the time I had begun, there were plenty of higher level druids to port me around, plenty of casters to bind me at the town gates once I'd arrive, and plenty of gear being sold and given away in EC... but to begin again at the very beginning is quite an experience... no weapons, no twinks, no uber gear, no soulbinders (although they are now implemented). If you want to join others, you have long runs, or long boat rides to meet up. Everyone is lower level, so there is more of a common bond and everyone struggles together. Sounds painful, but it's oddly very satisfying.

Loads of fun, enjoy!

8. yraapt

yraapt New Member

howdy

9. yraapt

yraapt New Member

Well it says I have make a more substantial post before allowing account creation. I figured this was a good spot to do that. Anyways, looking forward to joining everyone on the server.

Safe travels