Hello Takp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ob1k3nobi, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Ob1k3nobi

Ob1k3nobi New Member

Hello everyone, former EQ Player here from long ago giving this server a go. Seems very nice so far I’ve got trio bst cleric ench close to 30 which has been enjoyable. I actually did the noob armor on one toon Haha didn’t know how debated the topic was at 1st.

anyway I need advice on farming plat and of course any leveling recs. I leveled originally on live prior to luclin So not sure if any Good spots out there.

Thunderace likes this.
  2. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

Rathe giants, crystalline silk from CC spiders, rockhopper hides from dsp. You can get xp working all of these

Thunderace likes this.
  3. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

If you don't mind clicking, advertise to find a buyer for heady kiola, celestial essence. Farm Spider/ling silks or swirling shadows.

CE buyers want bulk, I fairly recently bought 90 stacks. Kiolas are often 400ish per toon that's working tailoring.

The camps in previous post are good for both xp and cash though!

4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Yeah, tradeskill drops are always good money-makers. I've probably bought 100k+ of spider silk at 5p a pop over the years. If you like killing dorfs, I'll buy their blood for 25p each. Beardy bandits in BB drop 'em, as does the manly Crushbone harem and various other dorfs.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

No Level Requirement Money Makers:

Almost all of these methods are farming/creating tradeskill components for people skilling up their tradeskills. Typically it is a safe bet that some one will be in need of these often enough to buy out your stuff in a week or two. But if you are concerned with spending time to not find a buyer always just put out a feeler in Alliance checking if anyone is looking to buy mass quantities of something that lower level players can easily make.

Celestial Essence Combining:

Celestial Essences are made by combining 1 x Celestial Solvent (1 gold~) and 1 x Scent of Marr (1.5 plat) in a Mortar and Pestle (internet posts will say Mixing Bowl but that is incorrect for our era of EQ). These are all sold in PoK at the far west trader building (10/12 on EQAtlas Map). This costs about 1.6 plat per combine and they are usually sold at around 5 plat per (100pp per stack).

You probably want some starting plat to try out this money making method. About 300~ platinum would allow you to make 10 stacks which you could convert into 1000 platinum. If you are brand new to the server and don't have the start up plat, a tradeskiller may offer to give you the start up plat to buy the combining stuff and then pay you the difference between cost of materials and final price at the end. I'd check in alliance to see if any tradeskillers are interested in this.

Spiderling Silk Farming:

Spiderling silks are easiest farmed in Field of Bones in the spiderling crypt (D on EQAtlas Map). These spiderlings are all level 2 and have a fairly fast respawn time. People will typically pay around 5pp per spiderling silk.

Outside of some newbie armor quest combines, the only real use for Spiderling Silk is to create Silk Threads, which are then used in a number of different combines. The Silk Thread combine is no-fail so it may be profitable for you to combine the Spiderling Silks in a tailoring kit as you go and sell these Silk Thread for 10-15pp each. I know myself and others have paid a slight premium to get the Silk Threads premade as it saves us many clicks and there's really no downside for the farmer to do this as they farm.

Heady Kiola Crafting:

Heady Kiola are a component in some mid-level Tailoring combines people often use to skill up their trade. Each combine requires 4 of these, so people need bulk quantities as they skill up.

These are made by combining 1 x Bottle (5 copper), 1 x Water Flask (1 silver) and 2 x Packet of Kiola Sap (1 gold each), so about 2 gold per combine, 4 plat per stack and you can sell each stack for around 100pp. You cannot find all these components in PoK so its best to do these combines in your home city as most home cities have a brewery with these components sold. The combine is a trivial 46 brewing combine.

To reach 95% success (max) on this combine you actually need to skill your brewing up to 78. The easiest way to skill up to this point is by doing Fetid Essence combines, see here for more information

Low-Mid Level Requirement Money Makers:

Spider Silk Farming:

Spider Silks are easiest farmed in East Karana from carrion and crag spiders. These spiders are level 10-20. Typically you want to be in high teens low 20s to farm these while you EXP. They can drop anywhere from 0-7 spider silks per kill. People typically pay 5pp or 100pp per stack of spider silks which are needed for many tailoring skill up methods.

As with Spiderling Silks, Spider Silks are almost exclusively used in Silk Swatch form which is a no-fail combine. So it may be more profitable to combine them yourself into Silk Swatches and then sell those.

**Bonus** If you happen to have a Tunare Druid/Cleric 29+ and you happen to find a very lazy and wealthy player, you may be able to sell Sacred Tunare Silk. Each one of these requires 1 Silk Swatch, 1 Celestial Essence and 1 Blessed Dust of Tunare (Pottery combine requiring 1 Celestial Essence, 1 Imbued Emerald thus the 29+ Tunare Druid/Cleric, and 1 Jar of Acid). This method requires you have Pottery in the 120s~, Tailoring around 130~ and the Tunare Druid/Cleric.

These are used in a combine people use to get the highest skills of Tailoring done, as such you may be able to get 25-50pp per Sacred Tunare Silk. Before adventuring on this path I would definitely line up a buyer as it is pretty time consuming but could be a good money maker for someone looking to eventually do their own tradeskills/shawl.

Hill Giants:

In Rathe Mountains at 19 on the EQAtlas map are Hill Giants. They roam and you probably want a trio in the mid to upper 30s to kill them with any sort of regularity. They drop 0-50~pp per kill and fine steel and are okay EXP.

Rockhopper Hides:

In Dawnshroud at #3 on the Map is the rockhopper cave. These guys are all in the high 30s low 40s. You typically want to be in your low 40s to start out here. They are animals so druids can charm/fear them, and for Enchanters there is an overpowered charmable gnome named Ryklo Rykes in the zone you can charm who eats through these rockhoppers.

• Flawless Rockhopper hides fetch around 250pp/each or 5k/stack to high end tailors These are the bulk of your money from the camp.
    • Superb Rockhopper Hides maybe you can get about 20-50pp/each out of (these tend to be harder sells) to mid-level tailors.
    • High Quality Rockhopper Hides you can get maybe 5-10pp/each for (these make Hand Made Backpacks with just a Backpack Pattern added, 88 Tailoring trivial combine. It is not a bad skill-up path after you exhaust the vendor sold 1-76 Woven Mandrake/Picnic Basket route).
    • Medium and Low Quality Hides you can maybe sell around 3-5pp/each. Or if you did the Spiderling Silk farming from above and have some spare silks, you can combine LQ Hides with 1 Silk Thread to make Leather Padding. This can go for around 25-50pp/each to a mid-level smith. The MQ hides you generally want to combine with a Skinning Knife to make more LQ hides which can be used for Leather Padding as mentioned above.
    • Damaged Hides aren't really worth much. If you want you can skill up to 26 tailoring yourself by using these to combine with any pattern to make some Tattered Hopper Hide, or you can just vendor them.
    Rockhopper caves have a unique mechanic where if someone kills the Age Old Rockhopper in the back right cave the Rockhoppers will all be replaced by Goranga. Generally people are aware of this and don't do kill him, but if you arrive and there are no Rockhoppers that is why. To flip it back you have to kill a similar mob in the same spot location to respawn the Rockhoppers.

The EXP in this camp stays quite good until low 50s.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Hooplebogart, Korya, Phaeton and 12 others like this.
  6. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

That is a freakin' fantastic post Darchon. Thank you. So much info here for when I start my shawl process on various casters and money-making in general. Book. Marked.

7. Kabouter

Kabouter Member

Very good guide, I made quite a lot of money leveling to 24 just from spider silks (first in upper guk and then in najena). Then I gave it all away so now starting over again a couple more levels and I should be ready for the hill giants.
    Regarding crystal spider silks from crystal caverns is there a lot of demand for those?

8. Break

Break People Like Me

I actually bookmarked it on my browser, so I can come back to it when I need some plat.

9. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Upper guk spiders are fantastic for their level range. Great experience and lots of silk. Less of a track requirement too, if you don't have a druid or ranger for the EK path.