Hello, and of course a newbie question wrt/ exemptions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iraxion, Aug 31, 2021.

1. iraxion

iraxion Well-Known Member

Hi all, after lurking here for a while, and actually playing a bit for a few days, I figured I'd drop a quick "hello"!

I've been playing on live on the Xev server from Kunark to LoY, then quit when the next expansion came out (or was it the one after that?) because it was taking up just too much time. I happened to stumble upon eqemu about two years ago and... seems I didn't quite get rid of that special addiction despite all the years... so I happily proceeded to set up a little server to play on... just me, wife and a friend playing, 1..3 toons each, manually, not using any fancy macro tools. Great fun but I've been looking for a while for a place to relive more of the experience.

I'm not into bot armies, but being allowed to run a 2nd or 3rd suits me well. And I guess I'm too old for pixel drama. So this amazing thing called TAKP might be just it. From what I've read on the forums (so much information, wow!) and experienced in game it looks like an all-around great place, mature and chilled environment, friendly and helpful people, ... :)

Decided on a cleric main just like in the old days, goes by the same name as my forum account. I'll probably play slow and enjoy the journey, and regarding gear I like "want it? go there and get it" for my toons. So it will be even slower. Not into bazaarquest, really.

I like doing quests and tradeskills. I'm from Europe (Germany), but it seems there are people around during off-peak hours as well.

Well, TL;DR what an awesome place - having a blast so far!

Of course there is probably no good newbie intro post without a newbie question. So here goes --
    If my wife decides to try out TAKP as well - that's a big "if" at the moment but she just might - do we have to apply for an exemption right away? Even if we just duo (or have 3 total logged on)? Don't want to waste admin time for an exemption that might not be needed, but OTOH don't want to appear to be in violation of the "one forum account" rule. Thanks in advance!

2. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

3. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Also keep in mind that in the future, should you want to play more than 3 characters, you'd need more than one forum account.

You can't transfer chars between forum accounts.

See how you go, but if you plan to expand your entourage it would be good to do it sooner rather than later, unless wife is ok to start new characters on the new forum account.

Make sure to petition for IP exemption before the second forum account. If you create multiple forum accounts from same IP, it will get flagged as suspicious.

Tuluvien likes this.
  4. iraxion

I see :) Wasn't sure after reading in the FaQ 101 thread (https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/faq-101.9/) so I figured I better ask than be sorry later.

Thanks for the clarifications + hints! That is really helpful.
    The "do it sooner rather than later" is sound advice, too.

Now I just have to convince her.. ;) Well no I think I already did, in the sense to give it a try, in due time. We'll see. Thanks again!

Tuluvien likes this.
  5. iraxion

So here we are ...

EQ000002.jpg

... happy /wave !

Playing on cellular connection while exemption is being considered - works surprisingly well, only couple of megabytes / hour. Very nice.

Ripwind and John Stark like this.
  6. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

/wave !
    Welcome to our World )

7. Inydari

Inydari New Member

How long did it take for them to issue your exemption? My husband and I are waiting on ours!

8. iraxion

Welcome to TAKP :)
    Oh, that went really fast for us, we had the exemption granted after a week.