Hello all!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kunon, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Kunon

Kunon New Member

I am DL'ing the game as we speak and thinking about what I want to play. I am probably crazy, but I really don't want to box. My question is this, am I going to be able to find groups or does everyone just solo with 3 characters? Ill probably play a class I can solo on some, I am thinking a bard or druid. Can't wait to see you all in game!

2. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

Most people box, even if it's only two toons, from my experience. Personally I would advise you to play the class you want, and maybe pick a supporting box to play with it when you're not able to be grouped with others.
    One good thing is a lot of people still make new toons, so they're PLing their alts in Crushbone and Upper Guk often. Hopefully you can hop on one of those trains and group/level up.

welcome to the server, glad to have you! :)

3. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

You'll find large gaps of no groups here and there, with the majority of people 40+.

Most people would be willing to let you join their group i would guess. Especially if you can pull or heal. If I'm boxing I'd have no problem inviting a full group if I wasn't leaving soon or semi afk.

If you really don't want to box, necro, Mage, druid, bard would be your best soloists in this era. Pets are really powerful.

4. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

These would be your best choices if you want to solo. If you want to group, unfortunately you'll be spending quite a bit of time waiting for others. I think most would be willing to group if they are at that camp though.

I can understand that not everyone wants to box, but it's surprisingly rewarding to be able to 3 box some of the camps. You'll probably get the most out of the server if you choose to box and put the time into learning it.

5. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

You don't have to box if you don't want to, and you don't have to use all three if you do. I know quite a few people who like to just play two. This can be particularly convenient of you don't really want to play a hybrid, and want to be able to take some hits, throw out some DPS, and not have a lot of downtime waiting for health or mana to come back.

While it's not as easy to find groups at certain times, other times it's not so hard. In my case, I play with my husband and RL friend a great deal of the time, but now also find myself doing a lot of things within my own guild, or through cooperative efforts with Destiny (also a great bunch of people). It's a very friendly server!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  6. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

I never boxed on AK and I don't box here. To me, boxing removes the social aspect from this game which, in my mind, is the main reason to play a computer game that is as old as this. There is a game before level 50.
    My main is a 49 Necro but I have several toons that are very low level and I can group with you if you can't find one.

7. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

Trisi I understand your point completely. I agree that boxing does remove some of the community element that you find on P99 for example. I also think that on a low-population server that it has proven to be essential.

If the server does become more populated, I wouldn't be opposed to a 2-box limit. I do want to see a better formulation of community. I admit though, that boxing is the reason I have logged on to TAKProject nearly exclusively since January despite a wonderful community and guild I left behind on P99. I just wish they all played here instead :(

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  8. Kunon

Kunon New Member

I'm not opposed to boxing, I guess I could try a duo until I get in range with higher levels toons

9. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

Please don't get in to any hacking or griefing practices, because our names are so similar that I'll likely get blamed. :p

10. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

I am more worried about Kunon getting the bad rap from you Kuron ;)

Neealana likes this.
  11. Marps

Marps New Member

Excited to return to the game after 10 years off! Hah! Downloading client as well. See you all soon.