Goblin Gazughi Ring Camping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zygote404, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Zygote404

Zygote404 Active Member

Hi,

Wanted to write my findings up on camping Gob Ring for those interested in camping one. Spent a lot of time camping it from 20th level to 44th off and on and got two rings, did a bit of parsing of logs and tracking down spawn points and these are my findings:

1. Each spawn point can have a number of mobs associated with it (at least 3). If you're killing a spawn and it suddenly stops its because one of the associated mobs has pathed too close. If you take a look around you'll see the mob and killing it will continue the spawn.

2. It appears that killing the tiger / skelly spawns have a better courier spawn % than the gob / iskar / tiger / sarnak spawns. This might be incorrect but parsing the logs it appears roughly 50% more couriers or its just a RNG anomaly in my logs. But it might be correct since the skelly / tiger spawn has 4 mob ph, while the other has 8.

3. The best spawn to avoid adds / wandering mobs associated with your spawn is in a little dip between the goblin ruins and the lake. There are almost no wandering mobs and if your spawn does stop its very easy to find the wandering mob that stopped it, it'll be up above the dip nearby.

4. AoE looks good but I think its faster to single kill since ph's pop instantly (or within a few seconds) and you're not gathering up mobs, aoeing them and then tracking down the couriers. The other benefit of the spawn I detailed is if a courier spawns there while your aoeing it will almost always make it to the ruins and be ks before you can get to it. Happened a few times to me and that's how I found the spawn point.

Hope that helps you get a ring.

pivoo, krakmojo, showstring and 3 others like this.
  2. Zygote404

Zygote404 Active Member

Oh forgot to add if you want maximum killing speed, keep your health under 20% so tigers don't run, don't have to snare or wait for pet to finish them off.

3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

More /locs plz

4. Zygote404

Zygote404 Active Member

Locs from best to ok for skelly / tiger spawns:

-98.56, -1940.61, 92.33 (this is the best imo, both rings from it)
    -52.81, -2071.13, 102.34 (this and the one above right next to each other)
    -588.60, -3012, 125.37
    -2410.90, -3024.16, 110.23

The rest I wouldn't worry about because you're constantly going to have your spawn interrupted by wanderers and adds. While that might seem good, more mobs, its more efficient to wack a mole with a single spawn imo and for non-trackers the couriers are going to be very hard to find.

pivoo, krakmojo, ingwit and 2 others like this.
  5. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

great info, thanks for posting :)

6. Zygote404

Zygote404 Active Member

Pleasure

7. Videri-Tala

Videri-Tala Well-Known Member

How far does the anti-camp radius extend for this camp? Thanks in advance. ;)

8. Zygote404

Zygote404 Active Member

If you're at the lake on the FV side of the goblin ruins its about to the line of columns, not that far.

9. Videri-Tala

Anti-camp radius is not real and also I have never heard of a certain mob being in a certain area preventing the spawning of another mob that is not on the same spawn cycle. I bet that is your mind playing tricks on you. However...maybe I just don't know about this mechanic. But I would be very surprised if anyone chimed in to corroborate its existence.

10. Zygote404

Zygote404 Active Member

It appears that's how it works though.

I tested it:

Kill mobs until it stops spawning, on track you get a repop somewhere else. You can either a) track down that mob and kill it and it'll start the spawn at the first spot or b) using sight find another tiger / skelly and kill that which will restart the spawn. If there are two nearby it'll be one of those, sometimes the closest doesn't do it so its not a proximity only thing. Often there are one or two nearby that doesn't stop the spawn so its not any tiger / skelly stopping it.

Another thing I noticed was if someones aoe'ing or killing the ph's in the zone a mob can spawn at a spawn point and walk away, then another mob will also spawn at that spawnpoint even though the first is still up so the points are not one mob per point. But I've never seen two spawn together or in close proximity to each other and I've killed 10's of thousands. In an AoE situation after so much camping I'd have expected to see double spawns a few times if it was just random point spawning.

Edit:

The other thing is - if you go into the middle of the area where the majority of ph's are and try to camp a single spawn it'll stop very quickly, however if you go to the edges (first loc I gave) and camp there it'll hardly stop at all. The main difference is there are much less wandering mobs on the edges which would suggest that wandering mobs are what are stopping the spawns.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  11. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Zygote,

You really need to talk with @Elcid. Ya'll can swap stories of fertilization. He would love to talk to you. Look for anyone talking in all caps in alliance to find him on an alt.

12. Zygote404

Zygote404 Active Member

I'll look him up

13. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

There is no anti-camp code.

Videri-Tala and pharmakos like this.
  14. ingwit

ingwit Member

I haven't done the camp in a while now, so my memory may be off.

I never figured out exactly how the script worked, but this seemed to be the general idea (for non-tiger, non-skeletons):

Every roamer seems to associated with a spawn point. There were two common scenarios, one camp respawning instantly over and over (the ideal scenario) and two camps alternating spawns (the less good but potentially okay scenario)

When you lose the PH (imo) it's due to goblin on sarnak violence somewhere in the zone: an npc belonging to a different spawn group dies, changing the camps where new npcs begin spawning.

15. Zygote404

Zygote404 Active Member

I didn't say there was anti-camp code.

What I said was that the spawn will suddenly stop because the new mob will spawn elsewhere because another that can spawn at your point is nearby.

The mob that spawned elsewhere when tracked down will restart the original spawn not the spawn it just spawned at.

If you kill the mob that walked nearby it will also restart the spawn even though it spawned elsewhere.

I'm not claiming its anti-camp code I'm simply describing what I experienced time and time again so others can get their rings

Videri-Tala and Nilduz like this.
  16. Videri-Tala

Sorry guys, my anti-camp radius comment was just a joke and a reference to that old superstition. I was comparing it to your theory about mobs entering a given radius affecting the spawn. Again, you might be right. One can often sound crazy and be right at the same time (I would know). I'll bet the truth is not far from it.

17. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Yeah, OP mis-understood what you meant. He went on to describe some type of ph spawn blocking, which isn't the same thing. And it also might not exist, I don't know. It sounded like he meant if an associated spawn of the same type was too close, it would block the spawn, which I have never heard of.

18. Zygote404

Zygote404 Active Member

The method described in the OP no longer works. PHs now seem to respawn randomly throughout the PH area rather than at a particular spawnpoint.

19. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

#ravenwinged yourself

20. Zygote404

Zygote404 Active Member

Probably supposed to be random anyway. Just means it'll be rarer and better for farming :)

21. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

It is not supposed to be random. You are supposed to be able to sit at a spawn and kill.

22. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Actually EQ's outdoor spawns do spawn NPCs at random location nodes. These nodes are the same locations that the NPCs can randomly move to. Generally Sony made like 100 or so nodes in a box region. This is why you'll often see NPCs stacked on top of each other in our door zones on Live servers.

EQEmu has a different system, so Cavedude had to code up a means to allow for random spawn locations in a region. I've been meaning to fix the Gazughi ring camp to be more like Live, but the amount of work that needs to be done is immense and I've not gotten around to it. Rob may have set the spawns to be random before I got to it.

23. Zygote404

Zygote404 Active Member

Yeah its definitely been changed. Spent a good while trying to get a repop at the same location, just not happening any more :)

24. tabashir

tabashir Member

Just got my ring so thought I would add up to date experience.
    I tried firstly to go along the route suggested in the P99 forums, namely AOE'ing the entire area in order to get the spawn to start on the spots near the ruins. After a couple of evenings doing this, I think I saw one courier pop in total so clearly wasn't the same mechanic as folks had success with on there. Re-read the above and realised why.
    Then spotted this comment: Sarnak courier loot table
    Yinn Yang gets it spot on, specifically the PH list:
    • a sabretooth cat
    • a sabretooth tigress
    • a goblin brawler
    • a goblin skirmisher
    • greater scalebone
    • greater skeleton
    • an Iksar marauder
    • an Iksar brigand
    • a Sarnak youth
    • a Sarnak flunkie
    • a Sarnak courier
    From my experience, if you saw one of these mobs, then it was on a PH rotation for the courier. Note there were 2, possibly 3, rotations, but regardless, they all worked to spawn couriers. I know this because I had 2 rotations going and at one point had 2 couriers up at the same time.

Unlike on P99, there appears to be no 'set' spots for these. Some spots seem to repeat more than others, but there are enough different spawn locations, they cover a wide area and the mobs often (not always) start to wander almost immediately, that trying to camp any spot won't get you anywhere. You will be wandering the entire area around the ruins to the river junction and south to the windmill finding them.

Not sure how you could do this without track. However what I did was just look for any of these on track. I killed that and whilst killing that, targeted another one from the list and killed that next. As per the above thread, you will see the next one respawn within a few seconds of killing one. This meant my track then had 2 cycles respawning at the top of the tracking list so it was easy (although a lot of running) to just keep following the list. I ignored any mobs that were not on the above list, although still had to kill a lot of collateral aggro.

I was lucky, it only took 17 couriers :)

Manstache, Oiwon and Ransom like this.
  25. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

grats and thanks for the input

26. Fozzy

Fozzy New Member

I lost count around 80 Couriers. So let's say I had to kill 80 to get one. I hate this camp. This has been a terrible experience that has lasted days.

He spawned in the mountains for me and I can confirm that he lights up when he has the ring. The entire mountain was lit up like fireworks were going off... like there was a light bulb inside of it.

I recommend farming hill giants for plat and buying the mosquito boots for ~25k. The hours you will sink in this camp are better spent on farming the raw plat.

27. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I wish somebody had told me this when I was on AK

28. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Well on AK invis vs animals actually did something

lurari, Lenas, Dane and 2 others like this.
  29. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Are animals still aggroing with the spell on here?

30. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The number of zones where you have aggressive animals, that do not see invis, that are isolated by themselves without humanoid or undead mobs mixed in, could be counted on one hand.

Kedge Keep is a good example, you just can’t go over to the mermaid part of the zone. Other than that, I’d strain really hard to think of a zone or even area of a zone where IvA would be useful. Maybe like a piranha pit in CT? Permafrost bear pit burn there are spiders and tentacles in half of that camp. Western Wastes if you have dragon faction? Dawnshroud Rockhopper caves?

That’s about it that I could think of and many of those are very niche camps.

As always it’s only real use is for an instant charm break. If you’re playing a solo druid it is quite good in Kedge around 40~ to break charms and travel around though!

OuterChimp likes this.