Food and Drink

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sourdiesel, Jan 13, 2015.

1. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

From what I remember food affected hit point regeneration and drink affected mana regeneration (not sure which one was stamina).

I have noticed on here that food is affecting mana regeneration, is this correct?

2. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

I could have swore I was out of food and drink and I was still regening mana and hp...which isn't correct.

3. Mipa

Mipa New Member

only thing I have noticed about food a drink is druids seem to go through a lot more compared to other classes.

4. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

The purpose of non-stat food was just to allow you to regain mana normally. If you are out, then regen is like non-existent. If you are still regenning, then that's a bug.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Drink was mana
    Food was HP

You only stopped regening it when you get the "you are hungry" or "you are thirsty" messages. The out of food/drink messages simply alert you to let you know soon you will stop natural regen if you don't find more.

6. krenar

krenar New Member

food and drink seems to go down faster then normal to me. seems if i leave pok for an hour or 2 i go through 1-2 stacks of each!

7. iance

iance New Member

its bugged. First off, missing either of the 2 blocks both mana regen and stamina regen, when it should just be Mana for Drink and Stamina for Food, and for some reason Bard Heal song doesn't heal me anymore when I'm hungry or thirsty, which is also a bug.

8. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer New Member

The food and drink on here has been used up faster than any server ive ever played on period. I dunno what it is but seems to be used at a high rate and my char was level 3 and about all of it gone.

9. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Yes you are all correct, it is bugged.

RossGuy likes this.
  10. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

Wasn't sure if it was bugged or not or I would have put it in the bug section, was just getting community feedback to verify my experience.

Might be better off moved to the bug section.

11. Trosh

Trosh New Member

I seem to remember that if you had clarity etc. or meditate and you were sitting you would regenerate mana veeeery slowly, and all that being out of drink did was make it so your natural regeneration wouldn't work, which means you need to med like 10x longer because you only have a regen rate of like 3..

12. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

Correct.

13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The sentiment is correct the numbers are not.

Effects with mana regen (clarity, druid skin, bard songs, etc.) and Flowing Thought, will give you mana every tick regardless of your drink status.

The only thing drink affected was your meditate mana regen (or the 1 per tick you got while standing).

Sitting with KEI (14 from KEI) and drink (20 from meditate) gets you 34 mana regen
    Sitting with KEI and thirsty gets you just the 14 mana regen.

14. Orruar

Orruar New Member

I couldn't find a bug for this, so I'll add my observation.

When I ran out of food/drink and was hungry/thirsty, I continued to regen mana for a couple hours of actual time. Then the mana regen stopped. And as has already been mentioned, mana regen effects (FT, clarity, etc.) should continue to work. Drink (food shouldn't matter for mana) should only affect natural + meditate mana regen.

15. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

You need both food and water to be able to get the standing=1/sitting=2 passive regen and meditate, that's something that is part of the client so I feel confident about that part, but I know our starvation stuff isn't quite right.

Kithani likes this.