Fluctuating Zone Exp Modifiers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slade, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Slade

Slade Member

I don't want to take away from the PoP expansion development, and I have no idea how difficult this would be to implement, but I believe some other servers have Fluctuating/rotating ZEM's (maybe quarterly, or every 6 months, etc).

When a server has been stuck in Luclin for 2 years, a fresh place to exp (with added incentive to do so) might be fun.

Love the server, love the community, love what you devs do. This isn't meant to be seen as a complaint, just something I thought would be cool if it wasn't too hard to implement.

2. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

We've talked about things like this before (see here and here).

I'd be all for rotating ZEMs, personally. I love Ssra, but it'd be great to see its 100 ZEM moved to DN or Velks or HS or Seb or VP or UP or PoHate for a few months! But the current ZEMs are AKurate, and AKuracy is a pretty prominent design goal here. Sometimes more prominent than making the game fun or balanced :p

3. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Changing ZEMs is nothing more than changing a database value, however, the staff has been pretty clear over the years regarding not changing them.